“I began my love affair with Fish Tacos here.”
Review of Marg's Taco Bistro

Marg's Taco Bistro
Ranked #35 of 118 Restaurants in Truckee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were really pleased with this restaurant. I wanted to try a fish taco and this seemed like the place to do it. It was really good. So much so that I spent the next month seeking out more fish tacos everywhere we went. You need to check this place out if you're in Truckee!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The waiter's and bartenders tried their best to bring me all the dressings for the steak salad as I was trying to make it better with its dried out steak slices and blah greens. For some reason they serve this dish with a heavy peanut dressing. The Caesar and grapefruit vinaigrette dressings seemed to have no citric flavor, so those didn't help. Left 5/8ths of the salad and the waiter asked no questions, but when I said not good, the waiter said "sorry about that".

Busy Sunday day and the bathroom was a mess, the only toilet paper was on the floor.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place has a urban up-beat vibe about it, filled with mostly young beautiful people and a very interesting menu. Unfortunately it was all for show. In all fairness I was forewarned by the bartender at one of the local golf courses who said that it was over priced with mediocre tacos that focus more on trying to be different than being good. And that pretty much summed up my experience to a tee. The only thing she failed to add was that the staff was clueless about the menu and the bartenders were just down right snarky.

The food was in fact expensive and mediocre. I ordered my items ala carte, so no beans or rice. The tamale was pretty tasty and the best of what I ordered. The guac was pedestrian, and Asian pork tacos were way too sweet.-- not a great taco nor a great Asian pork dish. The tab for two drinks and the three plates came to just under $70. Oh, wait, I think I had to pay for chips and salsa too....so those were included.

As for the bar and margarita , i'd give them a C-.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a great time and the food was great. 12 of us...it was a bit chaotic but the waitress handled us well. I had the Indian and lamb tacos...both yum.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I had the 3 Taco sampler and chose the Bahn Mi, the Korean Pork and the Calle on soft corn tortillas. AMAZING! & $5 Margaritas during happy hour??? Awesome! On our vacation, this was the restaurant we went to twice. The bar seating is great and if you're into infused tequillas, they make their own. PS their pico de gallo is to die for.