We stayed there for a weekend to go skiing. It is conveniently located to everything including Sugar bowl and Donner ski ranch. It is also near a downtown with Safeway and many restaurants. The room is clean and has enough space for our family of four. The staff is nice enough and we don't have any major troubles. The small things that did not go well were the TV remote not working and the shampoo bottles half full as if they were recycled from the previous client. There is no conditioner so bring your own. The breakfast was okay. Can't complain since it was a nice convenience before going skiing. There is no place to sit and it can be very crowded. There were only four or five tables or you can sit on the couch to eat. The food items included eggs, bacon, biscuit with gravy, and yogurts. There are dry cereals and small bread/muffins. Coffee was very watered down but the juices and hot chocolate were fine.
We would definitely stay here again b/c it is well located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the town of Truckee amidst mountains, lakes, alpines and meadows, the Truckee Donner Lodge is a warm relaxing space so you can rest and recharge. Our lodge combines modern luxuries and contemporary decor with the traditional amenities and architecture of a country lodge. Whether you are on the ultimate ski vacation, traveling for business or just need a weekend getaway, the Truckee Donner Lodge offers exceptional amenities.Our guest rooms and feature rooms are simple and serene. Each appointed with a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee pot, wet bar and microwave. Complimentary hi-speed wireless access is available throughout the lodge.Share your day's activities with friends in our lobby with fireplace; or, relax your muscles and admire the stars from our Hot Tub. Cool off during the warm summer days in our outdoor pool—the views of the alpines are magnificent.Wake up each morning to a deluxe Hot Continental Breakfast. Our breakfast bar offers a wide variety of choices including hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, bagels, toast, and muffins.It’s all delicious, all complimentary and all waiting for you at the Newly Remodeled Truckee Donner Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Truckee Donner Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Truckee Donner Hotel Truckee
- Holiday Inn Truckee
- Truckee Holiday Inn Express