“Good extended stay place”

Candlewood Suites Turlock
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed here several times in the last couple months. The staff has always been kind and helpful. The property is pretty new and the rooms have what you need for a few days stay. Our Co. has a long term deal worked out so the price is decent. And the Wifi is good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tripjunky

Reviewed 2 February 2014

just imagine if you were giong to your room and on the way to your room you happened to se one of the employees doing something bad ,well what i saw is not only bad it is illegal i hope the manager addresses thiS ASAP cause i dont want to see this as i come in to the hotel from the side door and he in there storage doing this .

Room Tip: side doors will give you contact
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
20  Thank mee r
Cws S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for your experience here, it is completely unacceptable. The Candlewood Suites, Turlock does not condone nor tolerate drug use of staff on or off property. I do ask that you contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may get further details and address this matter immediately.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Wannetta Carter
Wannetta@hospitalitymgnt.com
209-250-1501 x503

Reviewed 25 January 2014

we needed a room for a few months so we called this hotel because we stayed there last year when i called the hotel ,they were very rude and did not even make a reservation for me and told me that they were booked for the days i needed so my husband called and made the reservation!wow really (we stayed a nite and booked at the other hotel down the street !!

Room Tip: rooms are noisey by freeway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
18  Thank mari g
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Mari G,

We are very disappointed that we were not able to accommodate your stay with us during the dates you had requested. As a hotel, we do get days where on a particular dates we are sold out on one day and the next day we have an opening due to a cancellation. We are very sorry that we could not accommodate your stay with us the first time you had called and that we were not courteous. We strive to meet each of our guests needs during their travels and we would like another chance to prove that to you. We would like it if you could contact management to discuss this and anything else you wish.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I needed a hotel for an overnight on my way to Nevada. The staff was very friendly when I check The hotel and the room was clean and comfortable. The price was fantastic. I didn't' use pool or tried the free breakfast, but I would stay there any time again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Catnipgang,

Thank you for the wonderful review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that when you return you can try out our Candlewood Suites Cupboard. This is where we have food items our guest may purchase at a low price. We do hope that we see you again when your travels bring you back thru Turlock.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband had to train in Turlock for a management job in another city. He has spent about 6 weeks at the Candlewood Suites (five days to go) and has been very satisfied. I've spent about three weekends here as well and find it comfortable and the staff 'very' friendly. We also had a mishap with the smoke alarm which was soooo loud but glad to know it works. No fire, not sure what was up but none of the guests felt scared enough to evacuate. Yeah, that was probably not a good idea...but at least it works...8-). I am not giving five stars because the tv options are kind of blah, but typical for a hotel. There are major stores close by and it's right off the freeway. If you have to come to Turlock or just a break from the road I'd suggest this hotel. Since we don't pay for the room I can't comment on the value but I believe it's fair given there is a kitchen in the rooms. No breakfast though if you are looking for that. But the free coffee downstairs is pretty good and a fully stocked, inexpensive, pantry is available.

Room Tip: There is a carwash on one side that is a bit noisy during the day but not a problem at night and I...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Stephanie,

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad that your husband was comfortable while away from home and that during your visits everything was great. We do hope to see you both again when your travels bring you back to Turlock Ca.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well to start off i stay in turlock 100 days out of the year,so as pass by this place i thought i should check on the prices and stay a night to feel it out,as i am checking in the ladys were having a discussion for about 7 min so i broke into there grazing time and asked if they had any rooms avalable they replied no its to early for check inn only if i had a reservation,i said i did not so they went back to what they were doing .I wanted to walk out but kept my cool and came back at proper check inn time . After i got my room which i had my wife book on line i asked to see if they can give a good rate as i will be here another 45 days , they took my number but its been e week and no responce . poor public relations and lacking hospitality

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
16  Thank mark c
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Mark C,

Thank you for your response regarding your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have documented the information you have provided. We do take every feedback from our guest seriously and work towards making those changes. We would love to see you again to show you those changes and give you the information you were in search of by speaking to one of our supervisors.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time in contacting us.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I walked in at the room just oozed of cleanliness. Everything you could want. Nice room, full size fridge, microwave, cabinetry, nice newer silverware and pots and pans. Me and my girlfriend had a nice time. There's a Cool Hand Luke's steakhouse next door and you get a discount, I think 15%, but we chose to eat elsewhere. The only problem was that the bed in room 224 had a problem. On the left side of the bed, it was very noisy, the bed actually seemed lopsided. I reported this while checking out and she said they would check on it. The staff was great. The young African-American woman at the front desk, I didn't get her name, was very pleasant. I wish I would've remembered it to give her kudos, my apologies. There are many restaurants in the Turlock area including several nearby the hotel. Also several fast good places within walking distance. I would recommend this place especially if you're staying more than one night.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2EdH
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Ed H,

Thank you for taking time in leaving us your feedback. We value your feedback and value providing great service to fulfill our promises. Most importantly, we would like to apologize for the inconvience with our mattress during your stay with us. We have addressed this issue and are in process of ordering new mattresses. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We do hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Turlock.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
Hampton Inn Turlock
#1 of 11 in Turlock
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto

Been to Candlewood Suites Turlock? Share your experiences!