“very clean place nice rooms”
Review of Sunrise Inn

Sunrise Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Chatsworth, Georgia
“very clean place nice rooms”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and our daughter were on our way to Tahoe to go camping our car end up messing up so we ran into sunrise inn which was a nice hotel the front desk was very helpful we stayed in one of there wonderful rooms they even allow dogs. Will stay here again its a great place with comfortable beds and breakfast was so good there banana crepes were the best thanks to daisy who made one for me and my family. Also the manager Maggie was very nice always likes to communicate with her quest. its everything like there photos on there website.we HIGHLY recommend the Sunrise Inn! very nice staff
GLORIA GIRALDO

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gloria g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
weatherford, tx
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My husband and I were on a return trip to San Francisco from Yosemite and needed a place to stay the night. Our travel budget is limited, but we had no idea what was in store for us at the Sunrise Inn. We looked up kayak and surveyed the possiblities. Couldn't believe there was a modest motel for $47. From the description it looked promising. We would take a chance. Were we surprised. Very clean, easy access, very comfortable beds. Nothing fancy like chandelier lobbies and spas, but for weary travelers, PERFECT. The breakfast was free and more than we expected. Peach crepe and waffles along with a very friendly accommodating staff made for a very pleasant stay. Pat and Richard Bowers, Texas

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pat B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2011

These people slammend my card with a $50 charge so we called them. They said it was to cover damage to the furniture by smoking and/or drinking. I don't smoke and I don't drink. They won't budge. I am now dealing with my bank, but because I paid with debit card it seem they can just get away with it. The room was nice and clean, but the one thing I consider an absolute disgrace is when business will take the liberty to charge your card just because they have the information available. If a business can come up with a charge due to damages found several days one left we would be exposed to all kinds of charges. I would say stay away from this "little, nice, clean, friendly" hotel that can surprise you with who knows what charges for who knows what "damage" they will find.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank meandmycircumstances
gst_services, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
At Sunrise Inn, we take our non-smoking policy seriously for the safety and comfort of all guests. The non-smoking policy is stated during check-in and is posted within individual rooms. Violations of this clear policy will unfortunately result in fees assessed against the original method of payment, as was described during check-in. This fee not only covers the cost of replacing any amenities irreversibly damaged by smoking but also the cost to restore the room to its usual high standard of cleanliness.
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The Sunrise Inn was chosen for our latest journey's rest courtesy of the excellent reviews here on Tripadvisor. Believe the reviews: this motel is actually as good as described.

The motel is easy enough to find: Exit California Route 99 at Fulkerth Road. Go east on Fulkerth Road for about a mile and a half, then south on Golden State Blvd. a little ways. Where you see the tall pole sign for America's Best Value Inn (which is next door) make a left into the Sunrise Inn. (Look for the Green lettered signage on the building.) It's at the corner of Golden State Blvd. and 20th Century Blvd. Not immediately obvious, but again, if you look for the America's Best Value Inn sign it's easy to find.

Check in was flawlessly done. The rooms are set up like a 1940's motor court motel, and was originally established in that post World War II era. So the rooms are in a "U" shape around the large parking lot. Easy to find the rooms. No swimming pool or jacuzzi here, but there is a parklike garden for dogs to walk in and do their thing. Dogs are an additional fee, and they require vaccination papers upon check in.

The rooms were totally remodeled in 2007. Our single room featured wood flooring, newly tiled bathrooms and showers, a new toilet (ours goes "whoosh!" with excellent force), a hairdryer, a newer CRT tube television with audio and video jacks and remote, a marble tiled counter where the microwave/dorm style refrigerator were located, four nondoored cabinet shelves for kitchen knicknacks, a coffeemaker with coffee and cream and sugar packets, a solid wooden desk with two wooden chairs,, two end tables for the bed, and a queen size bed with a new Sealy Posturepedic mattress. The mattress was superb and we slept well on it.

All furniture and accountrements, such as the solid wood armoire below the television where we hung our clothing, is in new condition. There is no chest of drawers, however. We found our suitcase was adequate. . . no biggie. There is also no suitcase stand. Again, no biggie.

Upon entry, we found the air conditioner/heater unit turned on to the air conditioning mode, and the room was cool and refreshing. The refrigerator was turned on and running - and already cold for our drinks - for our use, and the new condition microwave was already plugged in. All were easy to use. The television had cable or satellite service, and we found our favorite stations easily enough. A good array of channels to select from. There is also a clock radio on one of the nightstands that works well. That covers the electronics. . . all in good order.

Towels were of better quality. You probably do want to throw a towel down where you exit the shower to prevent a slip and fall. There is also a traction welcome mat placed just inside the doorway entry which might also be useful in this regard. In sum, the room was totally remodeled and shows no obvious wear. My guess is that the other rooms are of like quality also.

In the motel registration room, there is a continental style breakfast offered. The offerings include the wonderful peach and banana crepes (the chocolate syrup tops them off excellently, and Maggie knows how to make these wonderfully). Waffles, Cheerios and Honey Bunches of Oats dry cereal, bread (toaster available for use), milk, real orange juice (ask for it) and oranges round out what's there. My guess is that they are on more of a Bed and Breakfast kitchen use policy either voluntarily or for health reasons via government regulations, and so more selections such as bacon and eggs aren't offered.

All in all, we were pleased with both the size of the room and the condition it was in. The updated amenities were welcome and appreciated, and the artwork hung on the walls and the soft color scheme of the room was nicely executed. It looks like a well kept old motel from a generation or more ago on the outside, but shows like a modern new room inside. Take it from me. Book your room here. You won't regret it!

Final tip: the rack rate on the door said $68 for a couple, and over the phone I was quoted $56. By checking here with Tripadvisor and getting the Internet pricing TA provides, I was able to get a $43 rate per night instead. . . real savings for us. They also honored the Internet rate over the telephone when I called. Tax is additional to the prices I've quoted. Now. . . is it possible or likely that Motel 6 has a similar room with refrigerator and microwave, much less hair dryer and shampoo? I don't think so! So support your local mom and pop motels such as this one. They deserve it.

Room Tip: Ice machine is between rooms 118 and 119.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Underdog_SPP
Canon City
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I had been bidding for a room in Turlock when I ran across a review for the Sunrise Inn. My thought was how a one star motel could get such wonderful reviews. There were lots of them. So my business partner and I reserved their connecting room package.

When we got there it was easy to find and clean and attractive on the outside. It is an older motor court motel. Check in was easy and the young women real helpful with directions.

The rooms were very clean with bamboo flooring. Free high speed internet, microwave and a frig. Our rooms had the memory foam toppers on the beds which made for a great nights sleep. Plenty of water pressure in bath.

The continental breakfast was the best part. Don't let the initial selection fool you. They have the most wonderful crepes. I believe the young woman's name was Maggie(may have been Margie). She came out while we were getting coffee and asked what kind of crepes we would like. I went with peach and my friend went with banana. Yummy. Now remember these are made to order and if they are busy there can be a wait. Be patient. They are worth every minute. We couldn't wait till the next morning for breakfast.

As a hotel manager myself I was very impressed with the Sunrise Inn and would recommended it to others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank wildcatllamas
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for a week in late May. We arrived on Monday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning. Our daughter was a participant at the D2 National Track and Field Meet at CSU-S. Maggie and the staff were accommodating and friendly. Maggie would listen to the complaints of the other patrons and had the place being spruced up all the while we were there. We observed the landscaping being tended to. The parking lot being relined. The outside was starting to look like the inside- neat and clean. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. The crepes and friendly service in the morning were a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed our week stay and hope the CSU-S will host the event again soon.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ESUsuperfans
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This decently remodeled-once seedy 50's motel was NOT how it was pictured or billed online...landscaping half-done and abandoned, weeds coming up through asphalt, etc. Booked online ahead of time, but was not written down in their reservations. Had asked for room for two queens and was given two rooms with locked door between - one queen in each separate room. As a couple, we wanted one bed to sleep in and one to lay things out on -but settled for one room rather than twice the cost to use key and unlock door just to put things on an extra bed :(
Waited for room to be cleaned, then found it cold with bare wood floors - bathroom was extra large, tiled, but cold & cavernous - no bath mats or warmth to be had...
Several different "managers" but the final one settled reasonably with us after being billed twice. Then there was the freight train whistling nearby every half hour throughout the night - don't need additional reasons to never stay there again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family