“Loved turlock! Motel has good price-value balance!”
Review of Sunrise Inn

and 1 more site!
Sunrise Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
“Loved turlock! Motel has good price-value balance!”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

First we thought Turlock was very industrial and not nice. But then we went out for dinner (cool hand lukes- amazing!) and liked the little village! The motel staff was very friendly! Not sure about the trains, I heard people can use earplugs! ;) we would have liked a pool!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Torrance, California
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was one of the cleanest motels I have ever stayed in. It's not plush but the microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are nice touches. The staff was great. When we checked in housekeeping must have been interrupted when cleaning the room and forgot to finish. We had no shampoo, soap, glasses, extra towels, etc. When I told the front desk they were very accommodating. The next morning the manager found us and personally apologized.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Azusa, CA
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was satisfied with this motel. The room was clean and looked to have been recently remodeled. Mattress nice and firm which is important.... Nice people running the place... Its conveniently located between CSU and downtown, so good place to stay when dropping off or picking up a student.

Room Tip: We asked for double and got adjoining rooms at a very decent price
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 25 May 2013

When searching for a place to stay while visiting my husband's Mother (who now resides in a care home in Livingston) I finally made reservations online at this location after reading numerous reviews from various nearby Hotels. It turned out to be a great decision. I had noted on my reservation notes that my husband had difficulty walking and used a cane so we didn't want any stairs if possible. To our surprise, we were given a corner Handicapped Room' with easy access and a massive open shower bathroom. Every employee we came in contact with was friendly and accomodating including the manager, Maggie. It's obvious that someone puts plenty of care into this place. The free breakfasts with custom made pancakes and crepes is such a nice addition...and for an amazing rate! We will, for sure, be return customers. If you appreciate, nice, clean, friendly, and inexpensive lodging, you'll love the Sunrise Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was pleased with my room - decent size and a large bathroom with a shower. There is no carpeting, but that's fine with me. I think it makes it cleaner. It has a below window air conditioner. As others mentioned, the crepes in the morning was an extra added bonus, otherwise the breakfast selection was slim with 2 cereals and bread for toasting. The room had a small fridge and a microwave. My internet connection was poor in my room, and although they told me to call the front desk, I didn't need it that bad. Because of other Tripadvisor reviews, I asked for a room away from the trains. The trains did not bother me at all for sleeping. I did hear them once I was up in the morning. It was a great place for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train side.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jtrdhead13
Turlock ca
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Sunrise Inn while looking for a new home in Turlock. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Great idea to put hardwood floors in the guest rooms! The employees are helpful. genuinely friendly, and work hard to make your stay as nice as possible. I don't have any negative remarks about this hotel. The crepes served in the office are made to order fresh in the onsite kitchen. My sheets and towels were white and very clean, no stains or spots. The bed was very comfortable and although close to the railroad tracks, my sleep was uninterrupted.
I will recommend this hotel to friends and family when they're visiting the area. I would not worry that they would be disappointed or not agree with my opinion of this hotel being a great place to stay.
Again, I commend the excellent employees at this hotel. They are the friendliest, most helpful people I have ever encountered at a hotel I was staying at ever! Thank you to all!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be comfortable, and most important, Very Clean!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Holgate, Oh
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The best thing was that they have made-to-order crepes for breakfast! Very yummy! A big drawback was the trains; while my husband and I did sleep, the trains did make it a challenge. WiFi is also spotty, but they gave us a cord so we could connect directly. The desk people were all very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business