“Horrific experience!!”

Samurai Sushi
Ranked #71 of 180 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 May 2013

So i went to pick up my order and i ate my sushi when i got home, i shared with my mother and cousin and how ironic that we all got sick!!! I was vomiting lastnight and my mother was too!! And turns out my cousin is still feeling nauseous.. NEVER IN MY LIFE WILL I COME HERE!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

The restaurant itself is small with maybe 8 tables in all not including the five seat sushi bar. It is a family owned and operated business, and the owners are very friendly and welcoming. I have been going to this restaurant for many years and always feel welcomed as do my wife and children. The menu is large with combo options, the standard Bento-Box array, and two pages of rolls for your choosing. My particular favorite is the spicy chirashi which is an assorment of sashimi sprinkled over lettuce on a bet of rice and topped with a couple of spicy yet flavorful sauces. I have been to all of the sushi places in Turlock and Modesto and many of them are outstanding as well, but Samurai will always get my vote because of the friendly staff and welcoming atmosphere each time you go in. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank principal911
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is another "Mom and Pop" in Turlock that serves great sushi and excellent combo dishes. The service is great, the food is always fresh and the prices are moderate.

1  Thank m9trainer
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Good food, but not the best in town,also the most expensive sushi in town. For the money I'd rather go to Sushi Cuisine instead.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I saw really good reviews for this Restaurant and decided to go. Nothing like that. Food quality was poor. Service was marginal at best. I had to ask for everything, even the obvious things. I was brought soup with no soup spoon, When I asked for a spoon, I was handed a dirty old steel spoon. Yes, I know Japanese soup can be had directly from the cup, but I am not in Japan and that still does not justify the dirty steel spoon. I had to ask for everything... a spoon, chop sticks, a drink refill, napkins. Food was brought in the worng order. Also, the wasabi must have been mixed up with something else, because it had NO TASTE AT ALL. I go to a lot of Japanese restaurants. The decor is nice. There seem to be a lot of authentic Japanese items on display, but the server knew absolutely nothing about any of it. Avoid ths one.

1  Thank 50_US_States_2011

Been to Samurai Sushi? Share your experiences!