“Best Mexican Food In Turlock”
Review of El Jardin

El Jardin
Ranked #117 of 180 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We often drive to Turlock from Merced to meet with friends who live in Modesto. The ambiance in this Mexican restaurant is unique. You can sit on the patio or inside. The food could not be any better and the service is perfect.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We have been visiting this restaurant for 15+ years and even though the space has grown to accomodate more patrons, the food has gotten a little mediocre. It's just average and it use to be special. but it is in a quaint location and has nice ambience.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I love the old house made into a restaurant! The flowers outside were in bloom! We ate at a cute little cubby with a window that was possibly a small bedroom at one time! The owner is a very friendly guy who got to chatting with my husband. We are served hot/fresh chips which included both corn and flour tortilla chips... I ordred the shrimp enchiladas, which were the best I've had! Large plump shrimp and they didn't skimp on them! Good food and portions and prices just right!

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We have taken our last couple of out-of-town guests here. Very nice Mexican fare, with such a pleasant homey courtyard with hanging stringed lights. I think the salsa was a little spicy.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

I went today and they have a white board outside with different foods and I thought it meant it was the special for the day. I even double check with the person that sat us and she said if it is outside it is a special. We got the spinach enchiladas and they were no good. They were covered in burnt cheese. The plate was almost $14. For two persons it was almost $30 with no drinks. For that same amount of money you can go somewhere else and have a more decent meal.