“dirty and inexpensive” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
oregon
“dirty and inexpensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

well..... I did not check trip advisor as my trip was sudden and I had stayed at this hotel in 2009.
The staff was very friendly and nice ,the young man in the office even made us coffee when we came in at night and let us fill our thermos.

The price was too cheap and the alarm bells should have went off it was 53.43 for three people .
before we went to our room a young woman approached us she saw our plates and was from our state, after talking a bit she said she was homeless and being put up in this Motel, she never asked for money but I was concerned.
Then we went to our room so dirty the carpet was horrifying, cigarette burns and stains everywhere in our nonsmoking/nonpet room.
I pulled the bedspreads off the bed and laid them over the dirty carpet .
We later went to the pool where we encountered a huge pack of unruly children who said they too were homeless and living at there with their grandmother. They were unwatched and splashed us and were just very uncouth.
By later that night the hotel was pretty full I am assuming with folks like us, trying not to touch anything. I kept looking out the window and was relieved my car was not stolen in the night.

Unless you are into dirty carpet and a rough crowd I would not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank simpleyme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

2 rooms booked for one night. Stained linen on our daughter and her husbands bed. Our room had a variety of unknown dirty areas over the carpet. We checked in asking for downstairs, non smoking rooms. Did forget to mention on check in we would also like clean rooms. The smell of smoke hits as soon as you open the door. Surely housekeeping could let someone know that the carpet needs serious attention. Hand basin needed to be replaced long ago. Check In staff very good and if no-one tells the office of a problem it can't be fixed. I sure hope they get the vaccum fixed too so they can run it over the carpets. Shower bases need attention too.

Room Tip: Check the room before you check in.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather R
Corona, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

The room upon arrival was not clean, and the heater did not work properly and therefore the room was very cold late into the night, early into the morning. The manager was notified, and gave the attiude of "oh sorry" but then did nothing or offered nothing to make the situation more comfortable or right. I have stayed at many other Motel 6 locations and have never had an issue. This one was pretty bad. I recommend staying elsewhere is at all possible. Perhaps with different management this place could be turned around but unfortunately I have to give this place "thumbs down". On another note this site is exceptional, and will enjoy being a member for my travel plans in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank alwaysontheroad2011

Travellers are raving about these Turlock hotels

BC,Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

We checked in around 9 pm. If we weren't so tired we would've left and gone to a different motel. The bathroom was disgusting the shower curtain hooks missing, hair on the floor behind door, hair in the shower. The carpet around edge of bed not even vacumned (chips, toe nail clippings,dust bunnies), the window curtains were ripped and the window didn't lock. The pillows that were on the bed might as well not even been there they were so thin and no pillow protectors, the mattress was all torn and must have been an original from when the motel was built.There was a constant noise like a fan or pump trying to start. When we went to check out the front desk clerk was totally indifferent with the so what attitude. It was the worst night and worst motel ever.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ellie0149
newcastle, australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

please dont waste your time staying here....weird people coming out rooms...asked for non smoking...room reeked of bad smells...we stayed here because it had laundry, but was hesitant to use it because looked like machines have never been cleaned...after retiring for night was woken at 3am people with kids talking non stop outside until 4.30...when we decided to leave...coulnt get out quick enough...dont bother complaining to motel 6, they just say sorry about that....this motel looks like it accommodates the homeless & disabled

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blackalls
Merced
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night out of the blue and soon began to realize that it is a waste of money.
First of all, the front desk workers were rude and unfriendly.

The room smelt and the cleanliness was aweful! No effort was put in the cleanliness! The bathroom was the worst!! The shower was aweful and the toliet looked as if it hasn't been cleaned!

Maybe we just had a bad room, but I wouldn't recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Fresno, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2008

I checked into this Motel 6 on a Friday evening at about 10:30 pm after attending a concert in nearby Modesto. Since I checked in at such a late time, I had to use the evening check-in window. The lady who checked me in had laryngitis so bad that she basically could not talk at all, and I could not understand a thing she was "saying" to me. What is worse, the rate she charged me was $2 over the rate I had reserved when I made the reservation on the internet site for Motel 6. (This is not the first time I have had this problem with a local Motel 6 property trying to charge me more than what I had reserved over the internet.) Fortunately I brought with me a printout of the reservation, and the lady gave me a refund of the difference, but it was a big hassle.

When I went into my room my lips immediately turned blue. The air conditioner had been left on FULL BLAST, and this room felt colder than a supermarket freezer. I turned the AC off and then tried to turn the heater on to warm up the room, but the heater DID NOT WORK. It just blowed cold air!!!! So I turned the whole unit completely off, bundled up under the covers, and went to sleep. I suppose I could have requested a different room, but I just did not want to have to deal with the mute lady down at the desk again.

I have generally had mostly positive experiences with Motel 6, but I believe that this particular branch needs new management.

Stayed October 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
BEST WESTERN Orchard Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Turlock
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
#5 of 11 in Turlock
Candlewood Suites Turlock
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Modesto Ceres

Been to Motel 6 Turlock? Share your experiences!