“Pamper Yourself”

Add it.
Skinsations Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Tustin
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a luxury Resort-Style Day Spa. We have 14 rooms and have been servicing Orange County for 25 years. We specialize in Clinical Facials, Massages, and Body Treatments. We can accommodate parties up to 10.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pamper Yourself”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went on vacation at the end of June 2014 with my girlfriend to Newport Beach. Along the way I surprised her with a couples massage at Skinsations Spa. I was nervous and worried because I have never set up a Spa day and had no clue as to what I was doing. I called a couple days before and set up a couples massage. When we arrived in the parking lot let me tell you, I got worried because this place did not look like much from the outside! I guess it is that whole never judge a book by it's cover cliché because from the moment we walked in it was wonderful! The reception area had a nice welcoming feel to it with soft music and a water fountain. The receptionist were very helpful and walked us through filling out the first time guest paperwork. Once we were ready, they walked us to the back and from the moment we stepped through the door into the massage area, it felt like we were transformed to a peaceful island. The lighting, music and décor was so relaxing and welcoming. They have free snacks and drinks for you to have at anytime. A makeup and styling area for your lady when she is done and ready to leave. Separate areas for what type of treatments you are getting. It was a first for both of us getting a massage and we loved it. After changing we entered a room and enjoyed hot tea while having a foot soak. After our soaking our massage therapists came and led us to the couples room. They are separate but right next to each other and it has blinds and a window so we could see each other and talk if we liked. We both enjoyed our massage. This Spa is very professional and polite to privacy. They make sure your mid section is covered the entire time. The aroma of lavender was very relaxing during the massage. After the massage you are taken to a nap room with soft cushions and can relax until you want to leave. All in all we both give this place five stars. It was by far a wonderful experience we would both like to have again. I recommend Skinsations for anyone looking for a relaxing and stress free time. When you leave they have a card and thank you note from the therapist along with a gift for you. We will definitely be returning here on our next trip out to the beach!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Daniel B

Tustin, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Don't go there!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was overcharged and they would not refund the money, they would only put it as a credit for a future visit. And that wasn't the first time, I was overcharged virtually every time I went there. I asked to speak to the manager or owner, she did not call or answer my email. On top of that, the facial made me break out and the massage left me with a sore shoulder. It doesn't deserve even one star. Don't go there!

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Marsha L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst massage ever!i couldn't wait for it to end.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

If you're going to have student massage therapist then you should be charging student massage rates. Students need time ro develop their skills but it ahould be done at a highly discounted rate.It's like i was paying someone to apply my lotion for me, and to top it all off the massage ended with being coated in a disgusting smelling oil. The music was blaring and even after I asked them to do something about it the therapist just said it had to be that loud because the music was played through the house speakers.
Other issues were...
Luke warm foot bath water
Crazy small massage room with a creaky old massage bed

Visited July 2013
4 Thank RCBrake
Tustin, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Never Again!!”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I just got a facial and I am so beyond mad right now. I put up with a lot, but I have never had an experience like this. First I called to make my appointment this morning, when I asked if I could get a facial for the $59 deal I got via email. He said that's only for 60min. He said I'd have to get a double facial for 100 minutes for $108. So I agreed. The woman giving my facial said, since it's 100 minutes, I'll give you a double peel to take up some of the time. I said I don't like the peels because my skin is sensitive. She said no no, this will be great and it'll take up some of the time. So I said ok, whatever you want. She never said this is extra, she made it sound like she just wanted to take up the time. I didn't known why, but she would say, "I'll be right back", but she'd be gone for long periods of time, and did this multiple times. She did show me a makeup I liked and wanted to buy and recommended a mask. When I went up to pay I told the girl typing my info (she said she was new) that I didn't want anything else, just the makeup. So she was very nice and trying to help me, whoever was at the front desk with her, however, was the one that pushed me over the edge. So she tells me my total is $200 something and I said, I know the makeup was $59, but the facial was $108. The woman sitting next to the new girl said well it was $118 and then you got the double peel. I said, she never told me it was extra, and I told her exactly what my lady said. She looks at me with a smirk and says, "well they are required to tell you, so I'll call." I said that's fine. So she gets back on and says, "well, she DID tell you, but she said she'll wave it." So at this point, I'm upset, I've been given false information, I had my facial therapist leave through a lot of my facial, they tried adding things I didn't agree to, and now this girl is giving me attitude. So the new girl asks if I'd like to add gratuity. I said yes, $5 (which after everything, I thought it was too much). This woman (not the new girl) looks at me and so rudely says, "well, not to make this situation any more awkward than it already is, our manager talked to us and it is customary to tip 18-20%." I said, "well, I probably would've tipped over, but this whole situation is making me so upset." She looks back with that smirk and says, "um, I understand you're upset, but it is customary, soooo" I stopped her and said no, I'm upset, and I want to leave, $5 is all I'm tipping. When I went to leave, I told the new girl congrats on her new job, because she was very nice. And the other woman cut me off and again in her rude tone said have a great night. I have never been so upset in a SPA!!! I will never come back here and be treated the way I was.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank jw92705
Idaho Springs, Colorado
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Very Pampering”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was a vacation treat. A very relaxing environment. I would go again if back in the area.

Visited April 2012