“Bloody Good!”

Dining options: Reservations
Irvine, California
“Bloody Good!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Luna Rossa is only one of 3 Italian restaurants that I've been to in OC and have gone back and I've been to plenty. Fresh, delicious, good variety and even their pizza is one of the top 5 pizzas I've ever had.

You can go dressy or casual w/o feeling out of place and they have both indoor and outdoor seating.

Visited May 2014

“We now have a new favorite Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Every Friday, after completing our business visits to medical offices in Anaheim and Santa Ana - we go out to dinner and usually have Italian. Our favorites to date have been: Angelo's and Vinci's in Fullerton and Roma D'Italia in Tustin. This week we decided to try a new restaurant - Luna Rossa - also in Tustin on Park Avenue across from the AMC Theatre in The District Promenade. It was 7:15 by the time we arrived for dinner and we seated within 5 minutes without reservations although the place was nearly full. We ate inside as it was relatively hot although they have a nice outdoor seating area. Service was quick with free bread, warm creamy polenta with a short rib and antipasto. I ordered calamari fritti as an appetizer and the tortellini di pollo as my main course. My better half ordered the fettuccine al fungi porcini. We both also tried their homemade sangria (for which we asked and got their recipe). Both dishes were prepared with freshly made fresh egg pasta and were simply perfection. The calamari was lightly fried and excellent as well and served with a delightful warm marinara sauce. We heard our attentive and equally beautiful waitress - Valentina - speaking fluent Italian and she informed us that she was from Rome and that most of the key staff were also Italian. We were then treated to a free aperitif made from lemonade, rum and whipped cream. We were full by meal's end but had plenty left over to take home with us. Overall it was the best damn meal we've had in years. In addition, their prices were very reasonable and the ambiance of the place both refined and cozy. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! Finally, as we were leaving a musical trio was just starting up in the outdoor patio area. Needless to say we will be returning next Friday...

• Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I love this place. We went in for the first time and have found a restaurant we will go to regularly. Everything was great. Service top notch, decor was awesome(wood burning pizza oven, very cool) and the food was out of this world. I will be back.

• Visited April 2014
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Food is good, service is great. The staff seems like they are fresh out of Italy, and the food and service really reflect this! The italian wine is our favorite. One of our go to places for a medium priced night out!

Visited April 2014
Irvine, California
“Fantastic find, we may become regulars!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friends & I celebrated another friend's birthday here last Tuesday night. Two of us have been here before. Everyone was delighted with this gem of a restaurant! One friend sighed as she bit into the homemade pasta of her Ravioli. I had the most delicious Lasagna I have ever eaten. The sauce (or gravy as American Italians call it) is a lighter red that you might expect when you eat in other Italian restaurants. The chef is from Italy & says this is the more traditional sauce than we might be used to. It's heavenly! My Lasagna was filled with ground beef & the pasta was delicious! We came at Happy Hour & each had a glass of wine. We had Focaccia bread hot out of the oven with Polenta and sauce with a beef rib. I could have made a meal of that! We were also treated to a small antipasto. Lovely Prosciutto with red peppers and olives. The birthday guest had Fettuccine Alfredo, which she thoroughly enjoyed. We were too full for dessert!! We will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014