“Small but authentic NY style pizzas ....you'd enjoy”

D'Amore's Famous Pizza
Ranked #185 of 288 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Italian
Los Angeles, California
“Small but authentic NY style pizzas ....you'd enjoy”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We recently visited here for lunch based on recommendation. Glad we did, enjoyed the authentic NYC style pizza, they actually use water shipped from NYC to make pizza. I think that was first I experienced. Very friendly service, a small restaurant, only a few tables, so be prepared to wait a bit to be seated. We were there at 1pm and did not have any problems, looks like locals order in and pick up. We were 8 people so We had all kinds of pizzas, Meat lover, veggie, pepperoni, cheese only, family size salad. I also enjoyed salad very much, they put some beans (pinto, red etc), couple types of lettuce, makes it very tasty. At the end, gilato ice cream, comes in small cups. They have few flavors, Mango, Pistachio, chocolate, coffee (my choice). All in all it was great lunch. One comment I would make, service is slooowwww, cuz they make everything fresh per order so keep that in mind, dont wait till you are really starving & stomach growling. I'd reccomend it, one of the good pizza place in orange county, ca. Enjoy !!

• Visited May 2013

Glendale, California
“Great Gelato”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My family ate here last Friday afternoon, after a local business recommended D'Amore's for great pizza.

D'Amore's Pizza is located in a busy mini-mall, but there is tons of parking. The restaurant is very small, only a handful of tables and was completely packed when we arrived. We managed to get a table, but in the future, would likely use this as a take-out option, rather than dine-in. It was too cramped and chaotic. Although, this is probably a good indication of it's popularity.

We were warned that the food would would be slow to come out and it is. It took about twenty minutes for our pizza. The staff was very friendly, but seemed scattered, like everyone was new and it was the first day that they were open. They were so nice, especially the girl working the counter, that we didn't let it bother us.

The pizza was good. It's thin crust, New York style. The lunch meal deal includes a salad, drink and a small cup of gelato. It's a very good deal! The gelato was the star of the meal. It was delicious and I am much more inclined to stop by for a scoop of gelato, than I am a slice of pizza.

This was a decent place for a slice of pizza, as long as you are not in a rush.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and musings.

• Visited April 2013