“felt like home nice hotel”

Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
Kansas City, Missouri
“felt like home nice hotel”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was here over the weekend. I stayed next door at the Fairfield inn for two days and here for three. This place was sold out one night . Great place. The lounge was really nice and you can tell they put a lot of money in this place. This hotel really was great. The weather was perfect 80 degrees everyday. I just came from Kansas where it was 95 . Beds are really comfortable . I don't have one complaint about this place. They spent a lot of money on the little details on this hotel. I stay at 50 different Marriott a year on business and this was definitely the cleanest hotel I have stayed at. You don't have a ocean view or anything but I really like it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for giving us a look and we appreciate your kind words! We look forward to welcoming you back to Tustin soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am Marriott platinum member and I was really happy with this hotel. I arrived around 11am on day of check in and they had my room ready early for me. That was really nice. They really went out of there way to be helpful. The lounge was really nice and relaxing. The room I stayed in was great, clean and pretty large. The location on this place is perfect. I don't have a beach view or anything but its really in a great location. I went to the beach one day and it only took 15 to 20 minutes. The final day of my trip I went to downtown Disney and it only took 15 minutes. I have stayed at some of the other Marriotts in the area and they are pretty outdated. I would highly recommend this hotel. It just opened and it was super clean

1 Thank matt r
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay! We can’t say it enough times, but thank you for being a Platinum Member. We have only been here a short time but we are glad to continue offering the service and amenities that you are used to with Marriott. Thank you for keeping us informed on what you like and we will be more than happy to continue to make it happen.
Nuevo, CA
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a brand new hotel and the quality of cleaning staff is absolutely terrible. I booked 4 nights (Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday) while working long hours in town. I checked in very late and went straight to bed. When I woke up in the morning I noticed that the housekeeper had left the used soap (with a hair on it) and shampoo in the shower. There were also long, dark hairs on the bathroom floor. I complained to the housekeeping manager who was very apologetic and assured me the problem would be corrected.

I returned late and noticed the used soap was gone but the hairs were still on the floor. Not only that the shower was dripping and could not be turned off. It appeared the housekeeper noticed that and angled the shower head up rather than notifying maintenance. I called and asked for a manager. About 4 hours later the Assistant GM called back and was also very apologetic. She noted that I was returning in a few days and assured me that she would personally see to it that my room was perfect.

Well I checked in again on Wednesday and set my stuff on the bed and went to do a walk through and to my disgust right on top of the toilet lid was a long pubic hair. I went immediately to the front desk to report this to them. It took about 15 minutes but I was met by the original housekeeping manager I talked to on Sunday. He took me to a new room. I insisted on showing him the hair in the 1st room and he even noticed a few more. He was again apologetic and offered me an item from the market. I went to bed, showered in the morning and went back to work. When I returned to the room the bed was made but the housekeeper had left my used towel on the nightstand in the bedroom.

This hotel is well situated, has a great recreation area and lounge area, and is brand new. It should be great but they are 0 for 4 with me and have lost the confidence of this PLATINUM REWARDS member. Apologies only go so far when you are not correcting the problem.

Oh yeah and I still have not received my account statement from either of the stays although my credit card has already been processed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the street side not the freeway side. The hotel is very close to teh 55 freeway...
4 Thank deamole
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your stay. My sincere apologies for the issues with housekeeping you experienced. I have followed up with the team and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to welcome you back soon so you can give us another try!
tustin
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was staying here on business and was wowed. Brand new hotel was awesome. This place is in a great location. This is located right of the 55fwy. It took me 10 minutes from john wayne airport to get here. I usually stay at the other Residence inn's in the area and will stay here from now on. I love the location and the fact that this place is brand new is a huge plus. The staff was awesome. I would recommend everyone to stay here. I love the marriott brand and this place is great. I love staying at new hotels and this place is great . Yes i would recommend this hotel to families , business travelers and just about anybody. The price i paid was excellent also. Great value

3 Thank dan a
Wow! Thank you for the terrific comments about our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed the new rooms and we look forward to being your #1 choice when you frequent this area. Thanks again!
orange county,ca
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel just open up yesterday. All I can say is what a great location and how clean everything is . This hotel is only 15 minutes from Disney land and the beach and 5 minutes to the airport. I use to stay at the residence inn in Irvine but not any more. I love brand new hotels and this hotel is perfect. Its right near the freeway so its super easy. I would recommend this hotel for everybody.

4 Thank Pamsdelivery
Thank you for being our first official online review! We really appreciate the kind words and hope you return! Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport

Been to Residence Inn Tustin Orange County? Share your experiences!