“Pleasant Modern Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Pleasant Modern Residence Inn”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I don't always stay at hotels, but when I do I prefer Marriott Residence Inn. This is a new hotel with a desirable apt design. I could live here. The location was optimal, just seconds from 55 onramp going east and minutes going west, yet we never were bothered by freeway noise. The hotel seemed to be teeming with guests and the staff never missed a beat. They were calm, helpful, and friendly.

Of course the room was clean and the pool had good shade later in the day. Breakfast was more than adequate, just as I count on from Marriott. I would stay here again (and again).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your kind words and again, for staying with us. We’ve been very thankful for the response to our hotel openings and we are glad to meet the need. We look forward to serving this area with all of the extra amenities offered at Residence Inn for a long time. Until we see you again....THANKS!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

First impressions. Don't be put off by the freeway. We were on the freeway side but could hardly hear traffic noise.
Rooms are brand new and very contemporary. Everything is new. Check in was easy and quick. Reception service awesome. The young lady who helped me book a shuttle was fantastic. ( her name started with G, I think Geraldine, so sorry I didn't take more notice as you were so very helpful)
Overall for our first day it's been great.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. I will let Genevieve know that she’s doing an awesome job - our associates make the difference! Also, we’re glad that you appreciate every room is equipped with double paned windows. Now all that’s left to think about is how easy it is to get to many of the attractions Southern California has to offer! Thanks again!
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here the first two nights this hotel opened. What a gorgeous property! Easily, the best Residence Inn we have ever stayed at and I hope this is what their new concept is. We stayed two nights with our dog (OK, the pet fee is a bit high, $100 for your total visit so for one night it's crazy expensive). The rooms are laid out well and are extremely comfortable. Bed, couch, even a big LCD TV (we normally don't watch TV on vacation) that we used. Full kitchen for those that need it. Pool, firepit are fun also. Just great decor all around. Staff was some of the best we've ever dealt with plus they LOVED our dog, Nellie, and kept asking for us to bring her to the front desk where she got treats. Good location and Tustin is a pretty cool little town. Only negative was the breakfast area needs some re-doing. The lines were ridiculous as it wasn't laid out that well so people who needed to use the toaster/waffle maker held up the line. But for a hotel only open two days I'm sure they will work out the kinks. We normally only give five stars to the luxury hotels and B&B's but this place definitely deserves it and was better than some of the so-called luxury hotels we've stayed at before.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheHellers
Thank you! Yes, this is it! Residence Inn Generation 9 design concept is here to stay. We are one of the first in the nation to present the new Residence Inn, and we are definitely keeping the amenities that we’ve become known (one of the reasons those lines do get a little long at times). We have made some adjustments to the breakfast area, especially when we get busy. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Me and my family stayed here for a stay vacation had the best experience. We stayed the weekend it opened and the employees were great knew what they were doing very helpful and always greeted you with a smile and a hello when you walked thru their door. We stayed in their 2 bedroom suite and it was great very spacious and clean. My kids loved swimming in their pool and then heading over to the basketball court and shooting some hoops and then cooling off in their pool again. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We’ve been told that we are often “hopping” with families and we love it! We know it can be hard sometimes traveling with everyone, and anything we can do to make it easier is what we are all about. If you are ever back with us in Tustin, we will be glad to see you! Thanks again!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was here over the weekend. I stayed next door at the Fairfield inn for two days and here for three. This place was sold out one night . Great place. The lounge was really nice and you can tell they put a lot of money in this place. This hotel really was great. The weather was perfect 80 degrees everyday. I just came from Kansas where it was 95 . Beds are really comfortable . I don't have one complaint about this place. They spent a lot of money on the little details on this hotel. I stay at 50 different Marriott a year on business and this was definitely the cleanest hotel I have stayed at. You don't have a ocean view or anything but I really like it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for giving us a look and we appreciate your kind words! We look forward to welcoming you back to Tustin soon!
Irvine, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am Marriott platinum member and I was really happy with this hotel. I arrived around 11am on day of check in and they had my room ready early for me. That was really nice. They really went out of there way to be helpful. The lounge was really nice and relaxing. The room I stayed in was great, clean and pretty large. The location on this place is perfect. I don't have a beach view or anything but its really in a great location. I went to the beach one day and it only took 15 to 20 minutes. The final day of my trip I went to downtown Disney and it only took 15 minutes. I have stayed at some of the other Marriotts in the area and they are pretty outdated. I would highly recommend this hotel. It just opened and it was super clean

1 Thank matt r
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay! We can’t say it enough times, but thank you for being a Platinum Member. We have only been here a short time but we are glad to continue offering the service and amenities that you are used to with Marriott. Thank you for keeping us informed on what you like and we will be more than happy to continue to make it happen.
Nuevo, CA
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a brand new hotel and the quality of cleaning staff is absolutely terrible. I booked 4 nights (Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday) while working long hours in town. I checked in very late and went straight to bed. When I woke up in the morning I noticed that the housekeeper had left the used soap (with a hair on it) and shampoo in the shower. There were also long, dark hairs on the bathroom floor. I complained to the housekeeping manager who was very apologetic and assured me the problem would be corrected.

I returned late and noticed the used soap was gone but the hairs were still on the floor. Not only that the shower was dripping and could not be turned off. It appeared the housekeeper noticed that and angled the shower head up rather than notifying maintenance. I called and asked for a manager. About 4 hours later the Assistant GM called back and was also very apologetic. She noted that I was returning in a few days and assured me that she would personally see to it that my room was perfect.

Well I checked in again on Wednesday and set my stuff on the bed and went to do a walk through and to my disgust right on top of the toilet lid was a long pubic hair. I went immediately to the front desk to report this to them. It took about 15 minutes but I was met by the original housekeeping manager I talked to on Sunday. He took me to a new room. I insisted on showing him the hair in the 1st room and he even noticed a few more. He was again apologetic and offered me an item from the market. I went to bed, showered in the morning and went back to work. When I returned to the room the bed was made but the housekeeper had left my used towel on the nightstand in the bedroom.

This hotel is well situated, has a great recreation area and lounge area, and is brand new. It should be great but they are 0 for 4 with me and have lost the confidence of this PLATINUM REWARDS member. Apologies only go so far when you are not correcting the problem.

Oh yeah and I still have not received my account statement from either of the stays although my credit card has already been processed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the street side not the freeway side. The hotel is very close to teh 55 freeway...