“Very nice new Residence Inn with great rooms and great staff!”

Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
“Very nice new Residence Inn with great rooms and great staff!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks in a one bedroom. It was a VERY nice and memorable stay for us. They were so very kind at the front desk to both of us. It is a quiet hotel. It has a great pool area and a small basketball court (which by the way was right by our room and did not bother us at all!) I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of a long term stay. They have a great staff to help whenever needed. AND Starbucks& Subway& Fed Ex Store right in the parking lot. Everything you need :)

• Stayed March 2014
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us for 6 weeks and sharing comments regarding your stay! I was delighted that you enjoyed the location, amenities, and staff service. We really appreciate your business and hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Irvine, Ca
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in June 2014 in a one bedroom.
The rooms compared nicely to other residence inn hotels. They were very clean and new. The fold out sofa bed was the most comfortable I have ever been on, but I still made my son sleep on it!
The room had a full sized refrigerator and two televisions.
We had a top floor room at the end of the hallway. It was far from the elevator, but had virtually no noise from the neighbors. The hotel is right on the 55 freeway and under the airport flight path, so there is a decent amount of ambient noise. The airplanes stop landing around 10:30 or 11pm.

The shower is huge! (picture included)

BREAKFAST AREA:

The sitting area is fantastic! It is far larger than any other Residence Inn which I have stayed. My only complaint was the food (buffet) area...... It was tiny! I have been at numerous Residence Inns and generally the buffet area is larger but the seating area is too small. This was the opposite. You will be constantly bumping into other people while fetching your breakfast, especially kids. They had two waffle makers which is nice and plenty of fresh fruit and yogurt. They eggs were powdered and were what you would expect (terrible).

The property also has a small pool, basketball court, and sitting area with a fire pit and BBQ. I thought it was very nice.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 03 and 43 are at the end of the hallway thus do not have rooms to one side (bedroom...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments! I was glad you enjoyed the room (especially our fabulous shower!) and everything the hotel had to offer. We hope to welcome you back to Residence Inn Tustin soon!
Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed in a studio with kitchen. The overall experience is very pleasant. The kitchen is furnished with everything one would need except for the food, of course.
The breakfast spread is good; my wife and I enjoyed it.
The room is very comfortable and since it faces the pool, we have no problem with traffic noise.
The only inconvenience I had was the control of the temperature of the shower.
Overall, very pleased with the stay.

Room Tip: Face the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 739318
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thumbs up, indeed! Thank you for staying with us and posting your wonderful comments.
I wanted to make sure you knew that we offer complimentary grocery shopping service. When you return, we can do the leg work for you so your kitchen is well stocked. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent a week at this hotel with my wife and three children. We love the residence inn's and this one was awesome. The service was exceptional and really enjoyed the 2 bedroom unit. Location is great. It is about 10 minutes from Disneyland so bypass the crowded Disneyland hotels and stay here.

Breakfast was always crowded; however, there was never a shortage of food.

I did not have an issues with the Internet during our visit. Will definitely stay here again when we visit the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2 bedroom upgrade. It is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your terrific comments! I was happy to hear that we were able to provide you with an upgrade and that you found our location so convenient to Disneyland. I hope we can welcome you and your family back again soon!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having stayed here in Oct 2013, I was eager to return as the initial visit prompted some issues with cleanliness.

We had 2 nights in April - room 410, then 3 nights in May - room 416. Both these rooms were overlooking the front of the hotel, rather than the Interstate at the back. So no issues for us re noise.

Rooms are lovely and spacious with modern fittings and everything you require for an extremely comfortable stay. Included free WiFi, full kitchen, work desk and large sofa.

Bathrooms are light and spacious - however, we found some of the towels to be quite old looking, grey and rough. For a new hotel this was a disappointment, but wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

The initial visit in October had dirty crockery and cutlery in the kitchen - on this visit everything was clean - the only slight issue was dust behind the large TV/desk unit, which looked like it had been neglected for a while. Everything else in the room was spot on.

Breakfast area is lovely and modern, with many options. Not the best we had, had during our vacation, but certainly tasty and pleasant. I like a banana with my breakfast, however on several days during our 2 stays bananas were not available. There are 2 waffle makers, fresh melon/fruit, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, hot options (but not to my taste) such as sausage patties and scrambled eggs - as well as coffee, water and juice.

We would stay here again if in the area. The staff are friendly and the hotel has easy access to the interstate to explore the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much for trying us again and sharing your experience! I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back again soon! Thanks again!
Marina Del Rey, CA
Reviewed 25 May 2014

During the school year, I have the need to stay near Tustin a couple of times every other week. I've stayed at the Fairfield in a couple of times, and several of the hotels in the John Wayne airport area. This is by far the nicest of all I've stayed at, even though it is more expensive than most of the others. I consider it my preferred hotel, provided the price doesn't exceed the threshold I have set.

I like that even in the studio rooms, there's a separate living area, in addition to the kitchen wish makes it very livable.

The breakfast is a little nicer than many of the other local hotels.

I like the outdoor seating and fire pit as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and making us your preferred hotel in Orange County! I was delighted that you enjoyed the room layout, breakfast, and outdoor space. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stayed well over 1000 night in hotels. I know what I like and dont. I have mixed reviews of this property. I spent 4 night here with my family. Here is the good and the bad. To the point if you want interned go elsewhere. They advertise free high speed. It takes 4 to 6 minutes to load the marriott home page at off peak (2:00 am) times. Calling tech support did not help. If you want faster you are expected to pay extra and it too is unaceptably slow. I can not tolerate this false advertising upsell and it will drive you crazy. moving on...
The staff was great and handeled requests fantastically A+ beter than most hotels. The location is right next to the freeway exit making it easy to access yet you hear constant trafic though it will not bother you at all sleeping it gets old while sitting outside in the pool or patio. The hotel is new and everything works as it should. The decour is modern. to me it looks and feels very cheap like someone went budges shoping at IKEA. You may love or hate the look but it all is so very uncomfortable...very uncomfortable couches
the beds are neither great or bad but satisfactory. The rooms are large and bathrooms are nice.
The pool and patio by the gas fire are nice everything is very clean and elevators are fast.
The breakfast was very very disapointing as was the evening snack. Far far worse than hotels 1/2 its price. Quality was poor and they were always out of food and it was not attended too every day every evening. Many guests left hungry and irritated, this was the norm not the exception they days I was there. I almost took my family across the parking lot to the fairfield in to see if they had food.
If you dont care about the food and dont want interned than it is a great place, just decide what is most important to you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mike b
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. I am sorry you experienced issues with the internet and breakfast. We appreciate you taking the time to relay your concerns, as this only helps us to improve on our guest experience. Thank you for the A+ grade on our staff - I will be sure and pass this along to the entire team!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Been to Residence Inn Tustin Orange County? Share your experiences!