“Nice but Nothing Around”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here for a business trip a few weeks ago and while the hotel is nice, very clean and definitely great value there is very little to do nearby. I had to venture quite far to eat or find anything to do in the evening. I definitely recommend this place for the cleanliness and the newer feel of it, however, next time I'm in this area I will probably look for a different place to stay that's more centrally located or at least has some restaurants nearby.

Because this is a new hotel it will be interesting to see if they can continue the cleanliness of the hotel.

1  Thank kaffeine0307

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I love new hotels especially when done in contemporary and modern style and with the consistency of Marriott hotels. This hotel has just opened this month along with its sister the Residence Inn across the parking lot. Everything about the hotel is top notch for its brand and the price. Great gym equipment, pool, lobby, laundry, etc. And the hallways and rooms are amazing. Very well done in bright but subtle colors against dark wood features.

The bathrooms are spacious with very good water pressure and lighting. The beds were heavenly comfortable. They've placed the hotels smartly in an up and coming someone lonely stretch of the street/area but they will be the foundation for some new things to the area. A YardHouse Restaurant/Bar would be amazing in this areas and Orange County needs another one.

Front desk staff are so warm and excited to see you. Went back a second night even though I didn't need to!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank 2MillionMileMan
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I love staying in new or recently renovated hotels/motels, and I've enjoyed my stays in Marriott hotels. We were fortunate to discover this new hotel while looking for a place to stay near LA and believed it would be a treat for us, given our need to stay at simpler, more affordable accommodations in recent years.

We were fortunate that trip timing enabled us to get a opening week(s) deal--a room below $90. I don't this will be the ongoing price as the hotel establishes itself. The good deal added to our happiness, and this Fairfield did not disappoint!

Pro's

* It's brand new!
* Contemporary decor
* Friendly service
* Very comfortable pillow-top bed, down pillows, and down comforters (just guessing--they feel like down, not synthetic), exactly what I love for a good night's sleep!
* Pool and small fitness facility
* A row of electrical outlets for easy charging of mobile devices
* Reasonably good breakfast included in the price

Con's

Small glitches to be expected in a new hotel:

* The room door, which appears to be heavily spring-loaded, requires effort to push open (and I'm reasonably strong).
* A lamp was flickering in our room.
* The faucet in the sink was too strong.
* Not in the most inviting of locations---near the edge of an office park area

With a little more attention to ongoing quality control, this hotel has the potential to be a great mid-level offering.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just stayed here over the weekend and had a really nice corner king room. This hotel just open a month ago. This hotel was super nice and really clean. The thing I really liked about this hotel was how nice the staff was. I checked in and a girl name Christina really went out of her way. She gave me the best room on the property. I was here on business and this will be my new favorite place to stay. It was only a 10 minute cab ride from jwa airport. if you looking to stay at a Marriott I would recommend.

1  Thank peter f
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel did open on the beginning of August 2013 and the king suite is really nice and big. The bathroom is bright and clean. My stay have not been finished yet but I want to let everyone that this hotel is really nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Omar_Almazroo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed three nights here this weekend. If you like Fairfield by marriott this is one of there best. It just opened last week so its brand new. I could of been the first one to stay in my room . Needless to say this place was super clean. I called the front desk to ask directions to a certain business and they were really helpful. I am coming back here in two weeks and will stay here again for sure. Went to a great mexican restaurant about 10 minutes away called morenos located in orange . Great food . Staff was really helpful and this place was really clean. I would recommend this hotel. i went to disneyland and it only took me 15 minutes . That place was beyond busy.

1  Thank dan a
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here last night and I was worried since it was the first day the hotel opened and I was surprised. What a great price and a great location. The staff was friendly and the hotel is sparkling. the think I loved about this hotel is the location. I was 15 minutes to Newport beach and 15 minutes to Disneyland . I flew into john wayne and it was a 10 minute drive. I do a lot of work in this area and will only stay here. Could not of been any happier. they have a brand new residence inn next door and I will probably stay there next time .

2  Thank matt r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Candlewood Suites Orange County/Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, John Wayne Airport, CA

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County? Share your experiences!