“Great stay in Orange County”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our family stayed here on Memorial Day weekend and it was great. The hotel is still very new and the rooms were all up to date and comfortable. The reception staff was very nice. The breakfast was good. There were many sports teams there:soccer, baseball and swimming, and the hotel seemed to be able to accommodate everyone. If I were back in Tustin or in that area, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We really appreciate you staying with us and sharing your terrific comments! I was delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and staff, and look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the area again. Thanks!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for one night after attending a baseball game in Anaheim.

Got a good AAA rate for 2 queens. We did have trouble finding the right road, as our map on our iphone led us to a dead end. We figured it out on our own.

Upon arrival, I noticed everything about the grounds and hotel seemed fresh, new and maintained. Check in was smooth. We asked for a quiet room on opposite side of freeway and was given a room on 2nd floor.

Upon entering the room, noted the door was VERY heavy to open. Room was extremely clean and well furnished. Looking out the window, we had a horrible view of the rooftop mechanical equipment. My husband wanted to get a different room, but I was fine with it, since we were really only there to sleep, so we stayed.

Beds were very comfortable with great sheets and pillows! The A/C unit is a under the window wall type, and was a bit loud. For a brand new hotel, I think that is not acceptable. We ended up turning it off for the night, and the room was comfortable enough.

Bathroom was huge with a nice large shower, no tub.

We went down for the complimentary breakfast at 8:15-the breakfast is available until 9:00. The place was PACKED. There was one person maintaining the dining area, and the food supply was empty. For hot food, they had scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal and then the basic cold cereals, cut watermelon, yogurt, bagels etc. Only problem was, they were out of eggs, oatmeal and sausage. We were able to fill up on yogurt and fruit, but it would have been nice to have the option to have the oatmeal or eggs.

We didnt use the pool area, but did sit outside near it to eat our breakfast. The outside is well furnished, clean and new.

I will stay here again for sure if I am ever in need of a hotel in this area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and posting such a wonderful review about our hotel! I am happy you were able to enjoy the room, outdoor area, and amenities, while being close in proximity to the baseball game you attended. I hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Had 2 days to burn in so cal before I could check into another Marriott property. Gave this a shot due to the location and a friends recommendation. I was very impressed. It is brand spanking new. The room was very nice and comfortable. Staff was great. Breakfast was good. Only complaint was the walls were somewhat thin. Didn't have any issues with neighbors but could definitely hear our neighbor whenever he coughed. Exceeded expectations and would stay here again. Btw SIRI WILL Mis route you so be prepared for that.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank sumnereli
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for spending a couple of days with us while in Southern California! I am thrilled we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We've stayed here a couple of different times. It's a pretty new Fairfield Inn and very nice. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast was good. The hotel is so new that the address may not work with a GPS, so it's a little tricky finding it for the first time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your comments! I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and breakfast. We hope you make a return trip to Tustin soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here for three nights while enjoying a mini vacation in the Anaheim area. We were impressed at the value as the rate was quite cheap.

Room: Clean, the bathroom was big, the beds were comfortable, and it was convenient to have a fridge and microwave. Our room overlooked the freeway, and you could hear traffic, but not enough to affect sleep. The only suggestion I would make to the hotel is that they hang heavier curtains that draw across the entire window. It wasn't quite dark enough, and our room glowed a little bit from the sign. But again, it didn't affect my sleep.

Service: Lovely staff who were so very friendly and helpful. We dealt with three different front desk employees, and all went out of their way to accommodate us.

Location: Right on the highway, so if you have a car, it's great. I would not recommend this place if you do not have a car. The public transportation in the area is practically non-existent, and taxis cost a lot and can never find the hotel - even when you give them the exact address - and leave their meters running as they drive around trying to locate it.

Other: Excellent free wi-fi - it was fast and accessible from everywhere in the hotel. Breakfast was satisfactory, and an employee was always around cleaning tables and refreshing the food. Lots of parking.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments! I was delighted that you enjoyed the rooms and hotel service. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "mini vacation" soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The front desk agents that helped us check in were so nice! There was a guy named Nathan that gave us directions and recommendations for dinner one night and he was right on with both! Very friendly! Female agent at check out- not so nice. In the middle of us having a conversation with her about payment, she started talking to the lady behind us and then took a phone call- mid sentence-. Upon arrival.. we walked in and the hotel smelled so good and clean! I mentioned it to the agent at check in how awesome the hotel smelled! I was that impressed. The grounds were very nicely kept, the inside of the hotel was very modern and pretty. Our room had a horrible view, but the room itself was fantastic. Very clean, very neat, and very comfy. The bathroom was beautiful. My one and only complaint.. was the shower head!! OUCH!! My husband and i joked that it felt like it was taking skin off! I had to take very quick showers because it hurt that much to be under that shower head.
Overall though... the hotel was fantastic. We had a very pleasant stay.
I should also mention.. that the hotel is in a funny spot. So if you're trying to get to the hotel during rush hour, there will be a long line of cars -blocking the entrance- trying to get to the 55.

Room Tip: Higher floor and I'm thinking looking at a highway is better than the hotel parking lot and the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, thank you for such a terrific review! I will be sure and pass on your comments to Nathan and the rest of the team. My apologies for the shower pressure - we will take a look at that. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for business and was very impressed with the service, as well as the very modern decoration. Use to corporate type hotels being much less colorful and instead bland, but this place is sparkling brand new and you'd be hard pressed to find a crumb anywhere! Very clean and comfy beds. The complimentary breakfast is great and available for several hours. The outdoors have a firepit, a pool, and a lovely hot tub in again, a very modern setting. Will definitely stay here again. Oh, and the smell of fresh citrus when you walk in will intoxicate you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and sharing your positive comments! I am happy you enjoyed the services and amenities offered, as well as our modern decor. We hope to welcome you back to Fairfield Inn Tustin soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County? Share your experiences!