“A very good Greek restaurant”

Christakis Greek Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Christakis Greek Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 289 Restaurants in Tustin
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Newport / Irvine
Description: On April 1, 1996, Yanoula Christakis Wallace opened the doors of Christakis, a restaurant that represented her homeland and the passion she felt towards her culture. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch or celebrating a special event, Christakis Greek Cuisine is the place to enjoy traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Since 1996, we’ve used only the finest and freshest ingredients to create traditional Greek cuisine. Today, the family at Christakis continues to bring the authentic spirit and warmth of Greece to Orange County.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We found this place with the help of our GPS system, but the phone number listed was wrong. Prices were a little high, but the food was very good. They received extra points from me for having taramosalat (greek red caviar dip) on the menu. I wasn't crazy about their tzaziki, but I make my own and always compare restaurant offerings my homemade. They did have a spicy hummus which was really outstanding. My lamb souvlaki were good, but not seasoned as well as I would have liked. My niece enjoyed her Greek salad entree. Wine and beer list is extensive and included Greek Retsina wine, which I love. Not many Greek restaurants available in this area, so if you're in the mood for Greek food, I recommend Christaki's.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Took the wife here for anniversary dinner, sat out on the patio, and had a very nice time. Hummus appetizer was excellent, also enjoyed the souvlaki and gyros. Great service and enjoyed the live guitar playing.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We have been dining at Christaki's for years now...it's a family run restaurant with a very comfortable friendly feeling. They offer inside and patio dining. We have never been disappointed in any menu selection. There is a comprehensive wine list available. Live entertainment.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My daughter and her boyfriend took us to their favorite Greek restaurant in Tustin and wow, what a great find! To begin, the atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely (we sat out on the patio) and the service is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We started our dinner with the hummus (yummy) and pita and the Avgolemeno Soup ( the best I've ever had). For our entrees we chose the Lamb Souvlaki, Mousaka, Rack of Lamb and the Roasted Chicken special. Everything was cooked just as requested and perfectly seasoned. Portions were ample, but not overdone. All in all, it was a fantastic evening and I look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Located in a small shopping, you get the impression Christakis is just another place for quick meal. It is far from that. They serve excellent, home cooking style, authentic Greek food. Starting with the Villager salad, which is a real Greek salad – it does not have lettuce like the American version of Greek salad. The stuffed vegetables are something else. They are not on the regular menu and every time I come here I hope it is one of the specials of the day. Even if they are not on the menu that day, you can’t go wrong with any of the dishes.

Christakis is family owned and the family members provide friendly service and let you feel you are part of the family. They have live music on the weekends and the décor in the cozy dining room is very nice. Highly recommended.