“Fabulous, must try”

Sushi Wasabi
Ranked #196 of 297 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 15 October 2011

This restaurant is famous for its "Omakase" (Sushi chief decides what to serve based on best availability.)

The most remarkable are blue crab hand roll, chopped toro, and oysters.

No California rolls or to go, please.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

This place is just amazing. I mean its a little bit pricy. However, I didn't see the California Rolls, maybe I'm just blind. Anyways, this place is undeniably good and there are so many other good restaurants next to it too. Don't miss the also amazing korean bbq restaurant next to it and the taco shop across the street. They're all godly. Oh and don't forget to go to the donut/icecream shot after for some dessert. Just go try all three restaurants and especially this one.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's next to a check cashing office but don't let the location fool you. This place is the real deal! It's pricey but you get what you pay for.....THE BEST SUSHI. It's so fresh and the portions are generous. Thick slices of fish cover a ball of rice the size of a Peanut M&M.

Go with "omakase" and trust the sushi chef. You won't be disappointed. There's a big sign explaining that this restaurant serves authentic and traditional sushi--NO CALIFORNIA ROLLS! I thought that was great!

Reviewed 23 December 2010

This place is not for sushi beginners. This is the BMW of sushi places. The Ultimate sushi TASTE experience. You trust the sushi chef to feed you his freshest fish he finds at the real fish market. Just like a fine wine. You need to graduate up to eat at this place. That means eat it raw and don't you dare ask for California rolls or that tempura fried up shtuff. This is the real taste

Reviewed 19 April 2009

I have eaten here twice in the last year as I was fortunate enough to be in Orange County two times.

The first time I went to this place I was pretty hyped to go. I had driven by the restaurant and thought that it was quite the dump from the outside. My friend pretty much lives around the corner and actually said it was the local sushi place for traditional sushi lovers. It was definitely some of the best sushi I have had in my life. I have been to Nobu (Tribecca, Las Vegas), Bond Street Sushi, which are all great but not the traditional sushi which I prefer.

The chef is an old school sushi chef from Japan and he does not mince words nor does he do California rolls in California! There is a lot of hype on this restaurant on Yelp and Chowhound to see more detailed reviews with pictures that make my mouth drool.

I had omakase both time. Katsu starts it off with my favorite dish, the Albacore Tuna from Canada. Love the ponzu and scallion sauce. I think the next time I go I may just keep ordering this dish and the oysters from Seattle. The Blue Crab roll is pretty tasty as well.