“Tommy's Japanese food --June 22, 2013”

Tommy's Sushi Japanese
Ranked #135 of 287 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Forth Worth
“Tommy's Japanese food --June 22, 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having had our fill of Chinese, Mexican, Italian, and fast food, my wife and I decided on Japanese. Using Scout App on her iPhone, my wife found Tommy's, a short distance from our hotel. We strolled in around 8:45pm and waited to be escorted to the table. We sat Japanese style. While deciding on our order, I had a Corona. We had questions on certain items but the waitress, although quite courteous, was English limited. We chose our dinner based on the menu's description. We finally decided on The Boat combination for two ($27).

What a gastronomical surprise! Chicken, beef, salmon, shrimp and vegetable tempura, soup, and rice----in abundance! Food was tastefully placed in a wooden boat and included fresh fruit for dessert. The Boat is plentiful for even three persons. It was a dinner we were not disappointed in. And, yes, we will return as it is less expensive than a showy Hibachi dinner.

• Visited June 2013

Tustin, California
“Typical Japanese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

My friends recommend me from long time ago. So, I decided to go. One of the reason people like this place is probably the portion of foods. The quality is okay, but not impressive. I went there busy lunch time with my partner. But the service is very disappointed. They took our order with not standing there, walking... No eye contact or willing to listen special requests. I have not went there since, because there are great Japanese restaurants in neighbor.

• Visited February 2012
“The Best it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

Ive been a regular at Tommy's for 20 years. The Crunchy Roll, the Baked Scallop roll and the soft shell cab rolls are devine. I have friends who look forward to visiting Tustin from MN, No Calif and Pasadena JUST for this place. It's true the place is a little darks and dirty, the food more than makes up for it. Everyone has their favorite sushi bar, Tommy's IS the best.

mission viejo, ca
“Fresh fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

The food there is always fresh and tasty. The service is wonderful, fast and polite.The chefs are very friendly and it's a fun atmosphere at the sushi bar.
It's a hole in the wall. The inside interior isn't that great, luckly there are no windows inside, you won't be able to see the dust.
But you come for the excellent fish and great service. You won't notice the inside.
It's very popular and they have customers that have been coming for years.
We have been going for 4 years.

• Visited July 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Great poki bowls!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Went here for sushi....If you need a picture menu then this place is not for you. They have various sushi rolls but no description of what is in them! I settled for a small poki bowl (9.00), one of the pricier items on the sushi menu. It was delicious!!!

Looks like this place gets really busy, so get there early if you have a large party or want a table. We settled for a tatami table in order to avoid the wait.