“GOOD Food, Service, and Great Guacamole... & Pina Coladas”
Review of Don Jose's

Don Jose's
Ranked #15 of 297 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My Dad (94 yrs. young), brother and I went for their Brunch (I declined the complementary Bubbly) last Sunday and had a great meal. My Dad said his banana nut pancakes were very good (cleaned his plate of all three), and I had the Chile Colorado with two tacos, while my brother had the grilled salmon salad. My meal was very good, with moist chunks of beef in a mild chile sauce, and shredded chicken and beef in the tacos, which were delicious. My brother said his salad was good, too. But the killer Gauc. was what made the meal. There were fresh diced tomatos and onions in with the fresh mashed avacados, all pilled high in a mediuim sized serving bowl ($6.50). We worked on it through-out the meal... went through 3 baskets of chips!
B-T-W, I like good Pina Colada's and LOVE Them at Don Jose's... a blended frozen treat, sweet and fruity, with just enough rum to make you want another one. I believe the "Coco Lopez" coconut milk is the secret, along with good pineapple juice. Try it if that's your drink of choice, or invite your kids to have the "Smoothie" (virgin) version.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I was looking for somewhere for dinner on tripadvisor and this place was very highly rated. So I went there and found it to be just as described. I had an excellent meal, I got the ultimate burrito chimichanga style. And it was excellent. Nice service as well, my waitress was great. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This last weekend we held a memorial lunch to honor my uncle's life in the events room at Don Jose's.

My family was rather nervous and emotional during the planning of the event and the staff at Don Jose's couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Specifically we worked with Patrick and Francisco during the planning stages and they were both fantastic.

We filled the entire back room to capacity and spilled over into the main dining room. The staff at Don Jose's kept the pitchers of margarita's coming and handled the food service with ease. We were a handful!

Looking back at it, I am glad that we decided to have the event at Don Jose's. We came close to book a room at Orange Hill, but Don Jose's was less formal and more relaxed. It was a party to celebrate a life, rather than something super serious and depressing. Ultimately, it was an event that my uncle would have loved to have attended.

Thank You Don Jose's!

Please visit my Blog for more reviews and musings.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We find ourselves at Don Jose's very often when we are feeling like good Mexican food. The chips and salsa are the best and the chips are often still warm. I usually have the tostada which is my all-time favorite and my husband will often have the carnitas fajitas......ahhh, the warm tortillas. Oh, and the margaritas.......well, they're awfully good, too!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Had lunch here to celebrate a birthday.

The service was great, the atmosphere is very good, and the food was good. However, let's be clear. This is Southern California, and the standard for good Mexican food is very high. Don Jose's is good, but it is not the best. At little on the pricey side, but not outrageously expensive.