“Old Town Tustin Restaurant”

Rutabegorz Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 297 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Cute eclectic restaurant with good selection of menu items. I like their monthly snack special - always a good deal. Nice place when you're in the mood for comfort food.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stopped by Rutabegorz for dinner before my son and his girlfriend headed out for New Year's Eve festivities. I selected a vegetarian wrap and steamed vegetables. The "kids" selected wraps as well. The service was excellent, the food was fresh and hot, and the atmosphere was very pleasant. We used a gift card, but made sure to tip our waiter the usual 20% of the total for doing a fabulous job. We were in and out in under an hour. Great way to end the year!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love Rutabegorz! I don't always love sandwiches. I don't always like vegetable > meat ratio in my food. But I LOVE Rutabegorz!

I love Rutabegorz because I can feel the fresh ingredients they use. I love Rutabegorz because for the same amount of price you pay at a chain diner, you get a much better serving of diet. I love Rutabegorz because it is not greasy, it is not over priced, and it is not boring. I love Rutabegorz because it is friendly, it is delicious, it is healthy, it is decorated, it is homey, and it is perfect.

I admit I was not a fan few years ago, when my diet consists of steak and steak juice. But now, now I am a convert! There is only so much greasy eggs-over-easy, burnt toast, undercooked hash brown, and overcooked breakfast steak a person can endure. Rutabegorz is none of the above.

There are pages and PAGES of selections for you to choose from. The portion is perfect. You will finish every drop, crumb, and piece of your meals and be satisfied.

GO TO RUTABEGORZ NOW!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wonderful food and menu. The inside of the restaurant is extremely noisy and some of the seats (old church pews) are very uncomfortable. Best idea is together there early and eat on the patio.

The chicken walnut salad is fantastic but the menu is very eclectic and all good.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have been to all three Rutas and we can honestly report that the food is consistently delicious. When most people see or hear "healthy food" associated with a restaurant, it scares them away. Many people think "healthy" = "no taste". NOT the case at Rutabegorz. The salads are not only creative masterpieces, they are delicious---most of the salad dressings are homemade---AND the salads are GIGANTIC!

Besides great salads, Ruta offers comfort foods---mac & cheese, sandwiches, Tex-Mex fair, etc.

The service is usually very good, but on occasion the servers are stretched a little thin. However, we have ALWAYS had friendly servers who definitely try to make your dining experience enjoyable.

Ambiance: Each Ruta location is very unique offering patio seating, booths & tables; not noisy (except at peak times), comfortable & cozy.

Once you visit Rutabegorz, you'll come back again & again.