“REALLY good---”

The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 298 Restaurants in Tustin
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jamboree/Barranca
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I went here for lunch to treat myself, and it was fabulous! I went with a friend. They had a lunch special - for 16.95 we had a salad and their fabulous salmon on rice with asparagus. Unbelievably large portion of salmon and it was the best.. I had thought the dessert came with it, so I ordered that. However, the dessert was an additional 10.00. We had Iced Tea, which was good, but wow, 14.00 for iced tea? A bit pricey. Overall, it cost me 62.00 for lunch, no alcohol. I thought it was too high for lunch, but it was really, really tasty. Oh, and the dessert was delicious as well, creme brulee with fruit. Free valet parking helped, alhough with tip, I ended up spending 75 on lunch with no alcohol. Probably would not do it again, but I enjoyed it anyway

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Either location will treat you like someone special. The staff, food, service are there to make your dining experience a delightful, party time. Attention to detail is their forte - they never miss. And they are a clean restaurant in every aspect. My favorite is the Butter Lettuce Salad and the wine selection is one of the finest around. The food - specials - all are worth trying and then going back for more. Love this place and the people!

2  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been going to The Winery Restaurant since they opened back in 2007 and they have consistently met and mostly far exceeded our expectations. Having just opened a second location in Newport Beach, we were wondering if their flagship location in Tustin, CA would feel any strain. The answer is no. The food continues to be wonderful, imaginatively presented, and the staff training is impeccable. Whether it is lunch or dinner, you will have a great experience at The Winery Tustin. Chef YG's Pizza is always a greater starter as is their Tuna Tartar. Their Heirloom Tomato Salad with Red Sea Salt on the side is divine. And there are too many entrees that are really good to mention. Also impressive is their list of wines. And whether it is William, managing partner and sommelier or his top staff that assist in selecting the wine from the list, they never, ever up-sell you on the bottles. They get a real satisfaction in finding a good value bottle that will bring out the flavors of what you have ordered.

1  Thank CaliTraveler2013
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great find in Tustin. We were seated promptly and our server, Andrew, was excellent. We were informed of the specials and given some time to decide. The sommelier, Chris, was absolutely spot on on the choice of wine with our meal. Quinoa and baby beet salad was something I would love to enjoy again. Hubby had the heirloom tomato and burrata salad with a choice of salts. We both had the chili-lime crusted mahi-mahi. Delicious, only small complaint was that the rice accompaniment was a bit to rich for our personal taste. Flavors went well with the fish and the salsa, though. During the meal we were checked on by both the server, sommelier and manager. Service was just what one would expect in a fine restaurant. This is definitely worth a return visit, or two!

2  Thank trvlbuf
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Came here with a good friend of mine to celebrate her graduation. The restaurant is located at "The District" in Tustin, a shopping plaza that is on the intersection of Jamboree and Barracca. The Winery is a stand alone building that has a Red Robin right across from it and sandwiched between a row of stores (Ulta, Aki-Home, Whole Foods, TJ Maxx/Homegoods, and Michaels) and an entertainment area that has an AMC theater among other attractions. There is valet parking available, however there is a massive parking lot right next to it. Only during the most busy times will you have a need for the valet, otherwise just park where ever and walk two minutes at the most.

Walking inside the restaurant it has a combination of Vineyard/Spanish/Italian feel to it. In other words, it feels rich. Not overtly opulent, but very upscale and nice. Tall ceilings and really nice tables, you have no doubts that you're in a nice restaurants. As for dress code, for the most part it's anything goes, however I would feel a bit underdressed if I came in wearing shorts and a t-shirt (especially for dinner). A polo shirt with jeans and up I would say you should be fine. Be careful as the inside is fairly dim, give yourself a quick second to adjust to the lighting.

As with any place, the most important part of any dining experience is the food! And this place did not disappoint! The food was tremendous, mainly "classic American" style, but with unique twists on everything. I highly recommend the Seared Ahi for starters, and the Cajun Flat Iron Steak as an entree. Everything is very carefully crafted and made from scratch. The plating looked so great that it almost made you feel bad for eating it!

The service was also tremendous! Ask for 'Miggy,' he's the head waiter Tuesday through Saturday nights, and he is great! Highly professional and unfailingly polite, he truly made our dinner a special one. He describes the dishes so well that you can almost taste them as you're listening to him!

Overall, it was a tremendous experience and I know for a fact I'll be coming back again in the future! Especially if I'm looking to do something special!

2  Thank Bo W