“Delicious strawberry & custard croissant w powdered sugar”
Review of Cream Pan

Cream Pan
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Tustin
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We bought these and the banana / strawberry croissants today for my moms birthday based on some great yelp reviews. We were not disappointed. Their signature pastry (sugared croissant filled w sliced strawberries and custard) was excellent. I typically don't like pastry or custard, but the croissant was crispy and sweet, the strawberries fresh and flavorful and custard was not excessive, but just the right amount to carry and complement the other flavored. We were very impressed. Same goes for their banana, strawberry version.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

One of their bestsellers is a Croissant filled with strawberries and pastry cream. Purchased almost 40 of these pastries for Easter Sunday, because I do not like to arrive empty handed to any invitation. Everyone agreed the pastries were fine, but not great. The croissant dough was very fluffy and buttery, as a croissant should be, and the rest was the cream and strawberries. I personally thought it was better than most, but not as good as some. Slightly above average at best. The places is busy. One can tell right away they have a solid clientele and that their ovens are humming along. We also purchased their Baguette bread, that according to a reputable publication, were supposed to be the best of the best. Once again, they were better than average but not incredibly so. We also had a pastry with bananas and strawberry (yes, they seem to have embraced the fruit theme filled pastries here), and it was a little better than their croissants. The pastry was flaky, almost crunchy, and very light. The banana filling is an acquired taste, for we all know how soon bananas can decompose.
They are considered top shelf in Orange County, and their Japanese influence shows in the efficiency in how the place was run. I would have settled for a 3.5 Stars, but knowing there is is only 3 or 4, I think it merits the higher number. Not very many items in this bakery, but enough to warrant a visit, and perhaps discover a jewel or two in their selection. The Chiabate bread (probably spelled wrong) had a rough crust (look out denture bearers) and very airy inside.
Overall, we were impressed with the human traffic in this otherwise deserted plaza, since it was the only place open. Still, it is commendable to see a thriving business in full activity, running out and making more, I can not imagine how many bakers in the back but I was told they had arrived at 11PM Saturday night, and they were still busting their goodies at 10AM when we arrived. 4 Stars.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Decided to drop by this place since I had lunch plans @ Zov's bistro and after seeing a friends facebook post I had to try the strawberry croissants. Picked up six of them and 2 Azuki cream. The strawberry croissants were okay, I think Portos refugiado/guava cheese is better. I wouldn't make a trip down from L.a. just for those but maybe the Azuki ones, which were delicious! Bring cash to be safe, i didnt see a credit card machine. They had a few cakes in the display case, a couple slices of fruit flavored cheesecakes and sandwiches. Their display case did not have tray upon trays of pastries which doesn't mean they're not hanging out in the back. I felt the ordering experience was a bit rushed because people behind me were all antsy about them running out. If you want to dine in they have seating indoor and a few tables outdoor. They looked tasty so I would come back if I'm in the area.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

They have great desserts and their apple croissant is simply amazing. They close pretty early in the afternoon, so try to get their earlier. Their cream pans are what they are famous for, though I find them to be a bit too sweet.

1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This place is known for their great pastries, but their famous one is the Strawberrry Banana Croissants. Hands down the most delicious pastry ever. Lines form out the door and on the weekends they do sell out.