“Great water feature and clubhouse ... the cabins need work!!”
Review of Lazy Z Resort

Lazy Z Resort
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We recently had a small family reunion at the Lazy Z. Based on previous reviews and on the resort's website, I expected great things! The pool and clubhouse were very nice - great bar, hot tub, outdoor television, bbq, bocce ball, ping pong,etc and a perfect place for our family to gather during the day. Unfortunately the cabins were badly in need of upkeep and cleaning - dirty floors and carpets, windows that wouldn't stay open, loose railings on the decks and lights that didn't work. The cabins are in need a good cleaning and some basic maintenance. If they add air conditioning and do the cleaning and maintenance, this could be a great resort!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2010

The Lazy Z resort was the greatest vacation my family has had in years. The location was great. The people at the resort we awesome. Our cabin was much more then we expected. We did not even want to go back home. My two teen aged daughters want this to be our family vacation spot forever. The ground, trails, swimming pool, spa, and club house got used every night we stayed. We honestly didn't have to leave to have fun. It' s everything wrapped into one package. I highly recommed this place. I already have. Co*workers are already planning to go on there vacations to the Lazy Z. It's right in the middle of all the little towns to go and visit. So from my family to yours this is the place to go. The Vause Family in Dos Palos. Ca.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Promised my tween daughter that we would go skiing and a friend recommended Dodge Ridge, so I started looking for hotels in the vicinity. As soon as I saw the adorable cabins at Lazy Z Resort, I had to stay there! The price was comparable to hotels and as my daughter pointed out; she could jump around the room and not have to worry about bothering guests in rooms above or below us! It was so quite that it seemed as if we had the place to ourselves but we did see cars parked at other cabins. They have a beautiful rock pool and a hot tub which we used after skiing. The pool and hot tub is located at the club house which contained cool antiques plus there was a game room where we played Fussball. You could also shoot pool or play table tennis although they should move the Ping-Pong table indoors during the winter months. The resort is a short, 25 minute drive to the Dodge Ridge Ski Resort. I can’t wait to return to the Lazy Z Resort so I can get a bigger cabin and bring some of my daughters’ friends. This area was so much easier to get to and less stressful than going to Tahoe. So as our governor would say, I’ll be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My husband and I got married at this great resort! We rented the whole space for 4 days and 3 nights and wouldn't change the location for the world. Their wedding coordinator was so accommodating and so helpful which made our wedding experience even better. Our family was so excited to see something different than the church weddings they had been to before. To this day we still we are still complemented on our choice of location.

P.S- When we were trying to make our wedding site decision they offered a complimentary night stay and use of the grounds to make us aware of their accommodations. It worked!! We were given complimentary night stays at other locations with less enticing results.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I loved staying at the Lazy Z. We loved our cabin, we loved the resort, the pool, the nature, the staff. everything was awesome. I can't wait to come back up for different stays. I'm really happy that we had our family reunion at such a great place. will definatly recomend to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We stayed in a small studi cabin which was the perfect size. The natural stone pool and patio area were amazing and that is where we spent most of our time. The rates are a little high but about normal for resort of this size. The scenery was excellent and overall the trip was very nice. We plan to go back again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Our grandchildren, Kendall 13, and Dylan 14 joined us on the 4 day vacation. The janitor Antonio was very informative and curtious. We stayed in the 2 bedroom, Cedar Cabin 2, which seemed to have all the amenities. It would have been nice having air conditioning and queen bed was not very comfortable. The cabin was very neat and clean. We were a few feet from the pool, and club house witch made it very convenient for all of us. We had a great time walking the trail, swimming, playing cards, foose ball, ping pong, pool table, bean bag toss, and the weather was perfect. Late at night we watched a dvd movie on the big screen TV in the lobby. On our last overnight we stayed at the Zelco cabin, in the heart of town. We enjoyed the resaurants with reasonable prices and minature golf right across the street. Again very clean and nice kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances. Only drawback, no air conditioning. This resort is the best, compared to the others we looked at in the area. We will recommend to family and friends. Our grandchildren want to come back again. We will stay at Lazy Z again on our next vacation. This is a thumbs up resort that is only 2 hours from our city. Thank you, Ralph and Thelma Sotelo

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Aladdin Inn
Aladdin Inn
#3 of 8 in Sonora
McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Lazy Z Resort? Share your experiences!