“Good food but service let it down”
Review of Villa D'Oro Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We enjoyed our food which was tasty and filling. However we waited an hour for it to arrive and people who had arrived after us were served before us. Mistakes sometimes happen, and I suspect something had gone wrong here, but we should have had an honest explanation. Instead we were told our food was just coming twice (it didn't) and then, when it did arrive were simply told the kitchen was very busy.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place is no longer in business. When it was the tables were full during the tourist seasons. I did not know why as when I had eaten there the food was either cold or it took forever to get you order. The wait staff did not cater to their customers.

1  Thank mtfish
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with delicious food, excellent service, and cozy inside too! We went for a special occasion and it felt very special! Very nice atmosphere!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Great food, interesting variety good service! Don't miss this nugget in the Gold Country! Owner operated with an eye to detail. staff, though young always attentive and efficient. This restaurant has terrific outdoor seating and is charming inside as well.

1  Thank JBeazleyNapa
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I visited here with my mother and aunt on a road trip through Oregon, California and Nevada. Twain Harte was somewhere I picked, at random, on the map and I wasn't disappointed.

Villa D'Oro is a lovely place with a fantastic atmosphere as the dusk arrives and the lights come out to play. The service was good but not amazing and the food was good but not outstanding - but I'd go here again tomorrow for the atmosphere alone.

If you want real Italian food, go to Italy or pay the larger prices for another restaurant - this place is great!!

1  Thank MarvellousMe