“Closed and I wish it were back!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Sonora, California
“Closed and I wish it were back!”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

They suddenly closed with no explanation...guess it was the economy but I liked the food, liked the people and liked the location. Had a fab view of the trees and mountains. Just didn't get enough traffic up here I guess. Too bad.

• Visited December 2012

Tracy, CA
“Great Place/Dog Friendly”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stopped by Kelly's Mountain House Tavern because we saw it had outdoor seating & was pet friendly, we had our dog with us. It was great, very friendly, food was awesome and not over-priced. Owner came out to say hi, ask how everything was, and introduce us to his dog, Ebony. Cute little healer/lab mix. When we are in area again, we will definately eat here again!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible, Just terrible”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Their bar staff took 15 minutes to make a martini, and it was clear the young lady didn't know how to make it and was pouring way too much Vermouth in it. The owner was standing around not even helping. I said forget it. Have not been back. Not what it used to be.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Nic C
Stockton, California
“Allow plenty of time”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We've passed this place many times and there is always a line of cars parked in front so decided to try it. There were only 3 parties in the restaurant (including us) and the service was excruciatingly slow. Luckily we were not in any hurry.

To be fair, there was only one waitress (but still?) and when we got our food it was very fresh and tasty. Just be sure that you have nowhere else to go when you eat here.

Visited July 2012
Sonora, California
“New ownership and they are so nice.”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

They are bending over backwards to really fix this place up. Food was great, I got my fries cooked perfectly. Really like the way it looks, clean and ski-lodge style. Waiter was perfect and so helpful. Constantly checking in with us, brought me some extra stuff. Prices were great. They have a bar attached which is cozy but I don't drink. They also have outdoor game viewing on huge big screen on the patio for fun times. This is a work in progress with him coming up with more and more ideas to make it better so stay tuned!

Visited July 2012