“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sierra at Tahoe

Sierra at Tahoe
More attraction details
Owner description: Skiers and riders of all skill levels find their niche at this popular ski area, which boasts more than 2,000 acres of exciting terrain.
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Went here snowboarding with my wife. Best Mountain I have EVER been to. Loved everything about this mountain. Ive traveled around the world shredding it up but this is where my heart will forever be.

Great friendly staff, awesome runs, weather is amazing. Only wish there was a lodge or cabins to stay in.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank johnathan f

Riverside, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Love this place! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I skiied here 18 years ago when it was Sierra Ski Ranch and had great memories of it. It was still just as awesome!! We got discount tickets on liftopia.com which made it even better. ( if you buy lift tickets on Liftopia don't forget your print out and your ID) There are lots of intermediate runs, especially in the west bowl area which suited our whole family.

Lift lines were short to non-existent. Employees were friendly. Food was good but pricey but that's to be expected. The second day we packed a lunch. We noticed lots of people were doing that. They have their liquor license now if you've been there in the past they didn't.

1 Thank HealthyChicka
Santa Cruz, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best customer service I've ever experienced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friend (expert snowboarder), boyfriend (new snowboarder), sister (new and disabled snowboarder), and I (novice snowboarder) all went snowboarding at Sierra these past couple days. We were absolutely amazed by the customer service - particularly Jes and Woody at the private lessons area. Jes was so friendly and welcoming and although my sister was very nervous and scared about being able to snowboard nearly blind with limited mobility, she reassured her that she was in good hands, took care of us so well, and even though we ran late to the second lesson made us feel completely relaxed. Woody was also an amazing instructor - he made Christy feel comfortable, was SO patient, positive, outgoing, and so accommodating. Additionally, there was a woman whose name I can't quite remember, but she sold us some great boarding goggles with excellent polarization so my sister could see better on the slopes and made sure that we got a great deal on them.

We loved the runs, lifts, and customer service so much that bought season passes and will certainly come here from now on!

Visited March 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Experience, Pricey Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We took a lesson in skiing. It was the first time for me and the instructor was very helpful. I did manage to ski succesfully t the end of the lesson. The only thing i disliked is the pricey food. Be prepared to shell out 30 dollars on just two sandwhiches

Visited March 2014
Frisco, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Loved it! Friendly staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We spent two days at Sierra and loved it! It was great for a beginner like me. My husband has been snowboarding for years and loved it too!! The bud light was $6 which was much cheaper than the $9.50 beers at heavenly! The prime rib sandwich was really good too. In my opinion, this place is much better than heavenly for so any reasons. My feet were cramping and I needed pickle juice and the staff at the restaurant in the pub helped me out! Thank you for helping me out and making our trip to Lake Tahoe enjoyable and memorable!!!

1 Thank Shane431