“Warm, friendly, and clean”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Peaks
Arrowhead Pine Rose Cabins
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have stayed in Pine Rose Cabins many times, and I have found then to be wonderful. Our church leadership stayed in Strawberry Lodge, which was beautiful and accommodated everyone. It was clean and we had no problems. My husband and I have stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, which is delightful with the waterfall jacuzzi. It was our anniversary, and the staff treated us like royalty!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Kgiordano33

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Grounds: beautiful setting, peaceful, creek running among the cabins/property, lots of trees, great to enjoy a walk or just sit at your patio and enjoy the sounds of nature.

Lodging: First night stayed at Hidden Creek lodge as part of a wedding party. The house is big, great for a big family or group, but definitely can use some updating. The beds were very uncomfortable, the bedding old and worn out, carpet can use a replacement or maybe floors since there's so much traffic. The lodge has total of 3 bathrooms (downstairs, upstairs, and master bedroom). The wedding was right outside of the lodge so guest (100 plus) had to use the baths inside the lodge, mainly downstairs bath. Due to the crowded and usage problems started in all baths. We had a pool of sewage in the living room, the 2 rooms next to the bathroom, and family/game room. So we had no bathrooms and people had to go to the main office to use the toilet. The lodge smell really bad. So after many hours of trying to fix the problem we were given the option to move to another cabin. Some of us moved and some stayed behind after it was "fix" around 3am. So for the second night we stayed at the Storybook Cottage. Very cute cottage for up to 8 people but only one bath. Bed confortable and bedding was much better/newer. Couches were worn out and stained. Carpet and bath can use some updating.

Service: Overall is good. They try really hard to fix the plumbing problem and move us to a different cabin. Although a inconvenient, they were transporting people by car to the main office to use the bathroom. Wedding with people drinking alcohol so you can imagine. None the the staff and service was good.

I would recommend everyone to visit the area because it's gorgeous. In regards to the Cabins, well pick carefully. Perhaps they should have separate bathrooms for events and weddings guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lugareslejanos
PineRoseCabins, Owner at Arrowhead Pine Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Thank you for your input. We take our guest concerns very seriously and work hard to address any issues. In the 20 year history of Pine Rose Weddings we have never had all 3 bathrooms stopped up at once. Our goal is to offer the best experience for our guests. We immediately addressed the situation and have now installed hand blow dryers in place of paper towels in each bathroom to prevent any stoppage for future events. I am glad you recognized how great our staff is. We all love our Pine Rose Guests. We deeply regret any inconveniences.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Pine Rose Cabins for 3 nights in July. It was really low key and we had great service. We stayed in Cabin #1 for 2 nights and Cabin #3 for an additional night. Both cabins were very clean, and were very close to the pool and outside game area. My 9 year old really enjoyed the treasure hunt. It was a short drive to Lake Gregory to the West (fun water slide and fun aqua cycles).
The Smokey Cabin would be great for a family (easily sleeps 5-6) . Really cute, and it was fun to count the bears around the cabin.

Room Tip: Cabins 1-4 are by the pool and game area. They have a great website that shows all of the cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank melvicarr
Reviewed 17 March 2012

First, I want to say that me and my husband had a great time. We took walks and enjoyed the fire and champagne in our cabin. We did recieve a $30 certificate to the "grill" for the March special. We did wish they had put the hours. We had planned on eating there after we checked out. It didnt open till 4:30 pm and we had to get back to AZ so were were unable to use it. Our kids who are in their teens were a little disappointed. We went to Lake Gregory where under the tab of activities it says boating and fishing etc. They really wanted to go on the boat, but it was closed. They tried some of the games in the office, most were for the younger crowd. They really wanted to play monopoly, but it wasnt there. I do want to warn travelers that they use outlets mostly of 2, not for 3 prong plugs. These cabins are pet friendly and I know my dogs had a good time. One of the biggest positives that I loved about the cabins is that they are all different. I know I can go back and stay in a totally different themed cabin which I plan to do.

Room Tip: If you like to hear the creek, there are cabins that you can choose that are right next to it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank alnjudy
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We needed a very last minute booking for a holiday weekend this past February once we saw the snow fall, and our requirements were 1) family friendly 2) pet friendly, and we stumbled upon an open at Pine Rose Cabins. We stayed for 1 night in the Rustic Romance (only availability that was also pet friendly.) The cabin was very clean and cute. It was a studio, but larger than a hotel room with a large wood burning fireplace. There was wood to purchase at check in which we did, but for a rate of $220+ per night, it would have been nice to have 1 set of complimentary logs already in the room. (tip: follow the guide on how to build a fire in the Pine Rose guide book.) There was a huge bathtub in the room (literally, in the room), and a stone shower with 2 shower heads, small sink, toilet. My main complaint is about the bathroom - the toilet was in a doored off room, but the door was only a 3/4, missing the bottom and the top, with a moon cut out reminiscent of an outhouse - this detracted from any privacy, and to be honest, even after 10 years of marriage, some things need to be kept separate, which includes the restroom, especially given the cottage was "rustic romance." There is a small but adequate kitchen (think NYC apartment) with utensils, cups, plates, etc... We brought our own paper towels, I'd recommend the same, and the cloth dishtowels were inadequate, no place to hang. Also, guests are responsible for doing the dishes during their stay and upon departure- everything is hand washed and no dishwasher, which just made me a little bit nervous in terms of prior guest use, so if we return, I think i'd bring my own picnic dish ware. I would also bring my own bath towels, the once for guests are thin like a gym towel. There was no vanity or bath cabinets to store toiletries, so it's a little tough for a woman and her make up bag. The trash is kept outside which is a nice convenience, and we had our own enclosed side yard which was totally covered in snow (yay!) but was a nice outlet for the dogs. The grounds are lovely, it felt like winter camp, with ponds and trails, and we found a great spot to take our 4 years old son sledding (the bowl) in a forest setting. it was only a 5 minute walk from our cabin. The location was very convenient to Blue Jay and Arrowhead Lake, and for dinner, we enjoyed ordering a pizza to the cabin (Domino's delivers there.) Parking was easy, we were able to park directly in front our cabin, circular driveway. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much, and would return. I would simply recommend understanding that this is more of a cabin rental than a hotel stay, so bring some of your own home items for comfort. We have stayed at Lake Arrowhead Resort before, but traveling with dogs and a child in the winter, we found this to be preferable accommodations for a rustic weekend get away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CourtneySC01
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and I just finished a 4 day stay at Pine Rose, which is near our home, while our home was being repaired for mold we discovered. Pine Rose is near our home and we wanted to stay close. Because the stay was done for an emergency, we were unable to get reservations early and we had to take whichever room that was available.

We first stayed two days in Cabin 10. This cabin is a 1 bedroom and was a bit small for the two of us, but was comfortable and warm during the very cold February nights. We really appreciated the kitchen. It was also small, but functional. The cabin was decorated rustically and was clean. Unfortunately, it had recently snowed and the parking place outside the door was quite muddy, but I was able to park the car next to the concrete porch, so that my wife did not have to walk in it. When my wife exited the car, I turned the car around so that I could exit on dry concrete. The view from the cabin was not a great one. It is across the road from the San Bernardino Sheriffs Office.

I rate cabin 10 as only acceptable.

The last two days, we stayed in cabin 14, known as the Christmas Cabin. It is quite large, had two bedrooms, and could sleep 6. It has a decent kitchen, a dinner table and a fairly large living room with a couch and recliner. It was decorated with much love, and actually has a Christmas Tree. Behind the cabin is a deck with a BBQ and tables, a small pond, and a running stream with lots of trees. It was wonderful. And while the parking was on dirt, it was dry and no problem.

I would rate cabin 14 as 5 star.

The staff was wonderful. While in cabin 1o, we did track some mud in. We called the front desk and they sent, not one, but three of their staff to help clean up. And we did have a couple of other occasions to call the office or make requests, and they were wonderfully helpful on each of these.

For those of you who wish to go on the internet, they have a surprisingly fast connection. I measured it at 5 Mbps, fast enough for most anything you may wish to do. However, for wired internet, they do charge $5 a day and for wireless, $10 a day. I took along my own wireless router and connected it to their wired network and had strong wireless internet everywhere in the cabin. One advantage of taking along your own router is that can set it to use a security password, so that others outside your cabin cannot hijack your computer or internet device. I also took along a Roku and was able to connect to Netflix during my stay.

Pine Rose Cabins is not a 5 star hotel or even a 5 star motel, and you should not expect that. It is very rustic, in the middle of an ancient mountain forest at 5600 feet above sea level and is exactly what it purports to be. It kind of like camping out, but under a roof with a bathroom, a bedroom, a kitchen, a furnace, a television, and an internet connection in a nicely decorated place.

And if that's the kind of place you'd like to be, go to Pine Rose!

Room Tip: Ask for a description of the room and the view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coover
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My fiancé and I were looking for a place to escape over Christmas. It was going to be our first Christmas without family and we wanted to make it special and really get away from it all. We wanted to escape to the snow, but didn't want to sacrifice some of the comforts of home like the Internet, TV, and our beloved hot tub.

Looking at places in Big Bear everything was over $300/night and most places were completely booked. We were very surprised to find Pine Rose Cabins had availability and in one of their best one bedroom cabins.

It took us a little over two hours to get there from Los Angeles and the moment we arrived, we were in Paradise. The staff was incredibly friendly giving us a free stack of wood and telling us absolutely everything we could need to know about the cabin. We were able to rent a wireless router so that our cabin was connected to the net, an absolute must for us.

Having not seen the inside of the cabin yet we didn't know what to expect. Going inside we were honestly blown-away. The cabin was beautiful and looked a bit like something out of architectural digest inside. High ceilings with nice wood beams, a huge jacuzzi tub, flat screen tv, and incredible fireplace.

We wanted to cook a full Christmas dinner and the staff told us that the cabin came with absolutely everything you would need and they were right! The location of Pine Rose is fantastic with easy access to hiking trails and a quick hop over to Blue Jay and Lake Arrowhead.

Honestly we can't wait to go back and we've been telling just about everyone we know about it!

Room Tip: Get a router and you'll have lightning fast Internet in your cabin. Make sure to try hiking arou...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge
#4 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Arrowhead Pine Rose Cabins? Share your experiences!