“Good Price, but bad bed”
Review of Travelodge Ukiah

Travelodge Ukiah
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Stayed here on our motorcycle trip through the wine country. Stayed in a King room which was huge with a nice tub. Also had a small fridge and microwave as well as cable. The staff was very friendly and the location was next to HWY 101 but not noisy. The only thing I didn't like was the bed was too "bouncy" and soft. I needed a firmer mattress.

There were more expensive options, but if you're looking for a place to stay for a good price and that is all (no other fancy frills), then this fits the bill.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Travelodge Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Ukiah for your recent stay in our area. I hope your motorcycle trip was a tremendous success.

• Management was approached about the possibility of providing some sort of bed board to give more support upon request.

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Ukiah. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Ukiah

Reviewed 6 March 2011

This hotel is new and both the room and the public areas are very clean. The desk staff are polite, and the friendly manager was around to make sure the guests are comfortable. The outside areas are very well lit at night. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast food is the average hotel fare. The price was a little less expensive than the Comfort Inn, where I had previously been staying. There is someone at the desk 24 hours. When we returned to the motel at the end of the day, a light was on in the room, making it comfortable and safe. I was concerned that the freeway traffic might be too noisy, but I used earplugs and left the fan on for "white noise" and slept well. My brother and I stayed a few nights to visit his daughter and family. We'll stay there again. Looking forward to using the pool in warmer weather.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Walt F
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Every February, I attend a conference in the area. I have always stayed at the Comfort Inn - which I have rated a solid 4 dots. However, over the past couple of years they have failed to meet my expectations in a couple of areas (see my review). In scouting my hotel for this year I decided to take a chance on the blind bid at hotels.com. The result was a very reasonable rate at the Holiday Inn Express. After reading some of the negative reviews, I was convinced I was going to have a negative experience.

It could have started off badly. As I pulled off the freeway and headed in to the parking lot, I noticed there was a Travelodge sign attached over the Holiday Inn sign. However, the check-in clerk assured me that it was the same owner and staff, just a name change and that my paid reservation was ready. I was given a non-smoking room (one of my fears was that the cheap rate would entitle me to a smokers room - based on previous reviewers experiences). The room was very large and very clean. Thus allaying yet another fear from other Trip Advisor reviews.

I am a very light sleeper, so I am always concerned about road noise. However, I did not notice any traffic noises emanating from the freeway. There was, however, considerable noise given off by the heater/ac unit. Enough to require me to have it off if I was attempting to sleep. Fortunately, the area was having an uncharacteristic heat wave and I was able to warm the room before sleeping and the temperature maintained fairly well.

The breakfast is the standard Costco bulk pre-manufactured items most of us have come to expect from this style of hotel/motel. The items were prepared properly and presented in an appetizing manner. I also did not have anyone's dog trying to beg table scraps from me - which was definitely a plus (see Comfort Inn review).

I would rate this hotel 3.5 if that were possible. If I can get another nice rate next year I will definitely think about staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HBSponger
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Highly recommend it. The breakfast was much better than the one at Hampton Inn .

The Fairfield Inn was unclean I found hair on the sheets.

High recommend Holiday Inn at Ukiah

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We found are room to be quite fine...nothing special...but it was clean and well kept. The problem that we found with this hotel that it was quite a distance from the center of town. It was way on the northern limits of Ukiah. This is fine if you want to be near the freeway (which it is) but if you want to get the feel of Ukiah, its people, and its business, you've got to drive.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Partner and I stayed one night. Partner has some mobility problems--check-in person noted on our reservation and made sure we had a ground floor room close to the main office area. We needed an extra chair to hold medical equipment--arrived in less than five minutes. Rooms are standard for this chain, but everything worked well and all aspects were clean. Breakfast had good array of foods and was restocked regularly-french toast, eggs, bacon, biscuits (very good), yogurt, cereal, fruit and juices, bagels, Breakfast area is small, but when more folks showed up than could be accommodated, manager opened up the conference room, carried the folks' plates in himself, brought newspapers and did all he could to make things pleasant. Close to freeway, but we heard no road noise and no noise from adjoining rooms. Compared to what else is available in Ukiah, these folks work hard to provide a good lodging experience. They also have a coin operated laundry facility for guests.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

As previous reviews have noted this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. I thought since it was a chain hotel that service would be decent. As I arrived at the front desk, I was told that my reservation was for a smoking room. I informed the attendant that I didn't smoke. He said there was nothing he could do about it because I had booked a smoking room. I showed him my itinierary which made no difference to him. I asked if I could be switched to a non-smoking room. I was told there was no non smoking rooms available. That they were all booked. Now mind you this is Ukiah. I doubt all the rooms were booked.
So I asked if I could pay the difference for a non-smoking room and miraculouly, they had non-smoking rooms. He spoke to the manager who informed him that if I paid the difference I could have a non-smoking room. Imagine that!!!! I was upset. Seemed like a con they had all worked out. One of the worst experiences I've had in a long time.
Anyways, about the hotel, it is well worn and looks old. The breakfast was nice. The room looked like it had seen it's heyday 30 years ago. This hotel is right off the freeway so you can hear that noise all night. Sheets were stained so good thing we had brought our own.
If you're in the area stay at the Fairfield Hotel. It's newer and a lot cleaner. And it's only about 5 more bucks. The Hampton Inn is also nice but runs about 130.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Travelodge Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your decision to stay at the Holiday_Inn_Express_Ukiah-Ukiah_California.

I am very sorry about the inconvenience which you experienced in getting a non-smoking room. I am glad that you were finally able to be accommodated. We are looking into the matter of no non-smoking rooms available and suddenly there was one. Hopefully the answer will be a simple one, that the manager had information that the desk clerk did not.

The housekeeping staff has received extra training concerning the standards of cleanliness which we strive to maintain and which we expect of them here at the Holiday_Inn_Express_Ukiah-Ukiah_California. You should not have had to supply your own sheets in order to have clean sheets on which to sleep and on behalf of our establishment I do apologize.

I’m sorry that your stay fell on a time when the area was so noisy. Unfortunately, that isn’t something that we can control but I do wish that the timing could have been different.

Again, thank you very much for your help in reporting these problems to us so that we can take steps to eliminate them. I think you will find your next stay at the Holiday_Inn_Express_Ukiah-Ukiah_California to be a much pleasanter one.

Regards,