“Ok stay.”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Boise, Idaho
“Ok stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Entrance to the hotel is pleasant and the breakfast area is clean and of good size. The price was very reasonable, although I had to run out to my car to get my conformation receipt, to prove the rate I agreed to. Beds were clean and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room had coffee, a convenient microwave and a nice sized refrigerator. We stayed in winter, so the pool wasn't practical, but the hot tub was bubbling. They also have onsite washers and dryers for customers, which was very convenient. The heater was also very quiet, but the neighbors weren't. The complimentary breakfast was competitive with the Hampton Inn, also in Ukiah, but the quantities were inconsistent. The staff was responsive, but not as friendly as we've encountered at other hotels. Other guests had large dogs, sometimes two in a room, that were not controlled by their owners (unleashed). Staff was not concerned with this problem. I was relieved that I didn't bring my toy dog, as I had unwillingly encountered two of these dogs. The room was clean, accept there was an odor that I believe was in the carpet, and there were cob webs in the corners of the ceiling, and our sink had cracks in it. The bathtub was large, a real treat for soaking, with a wonderful shower head, unfortunately, the toilet/bath area was a bit cramped. I slept well, but we awoke with swollen eyes and stuffy noses, which was not an issue at other hotels we stayed in during this trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms back up to Hwy101, however we didn't encounter a lot of noise from the freeway. Mo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
travelodgeukiahca1, Webmaster at Travelodge Ukiah, responded to this review, 24 September 2016
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m truly sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us because of some maintenance issues and other problems. We take providing a positive guest experience very seriously and sincerely apologize that we let you down. I hope you will forgive these problems and try us again as we change and improve. We get better every day.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We chose the Travelodge for our three days stay in Ukiah, CA because it had many great reviews. It is a good place to stay, but I want to cool down the review level. First, when I made on-line the reservation directly with the hotel site, the error message showed up about their server being in maintenance, so I made a reservation using hotel.com. I got only one confirmation (with hotel.com) but when we arrived, there were two (duplicate) reservations. The Travelodge was $10 higher than hotel.com.
The hotel looks great outside. It is located near Hwy 101, and we had to exchange the corner room because of the traffic noise. Also, the rooms are typical ~ one window opens to pedestrian corridor. Not much of privacy, and not a lot of daylight. Price was good, and bad soft and comfy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tzd60820
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Travelodge Ukiah, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Ukiah for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Management was approached about seeing to it that reservations are the same, no matter which online service used.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Ukiah. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We booked our room through hotwire and didn't realize this hotel had smoking and nonsmoking rooms. We are from a state that only has nonsmoking rooms - it’s the law. We were surprised when we entered our room to find out it was a smoking room and the only nonsmoking room they could give us would cost additional money. We felt we had no choice and ended up spending double what we had planned - so much for trying to save money. We were also very disappointed with the breakfast in the morning - I don't think they were ready for the amount of guests the hotel had and we left with a glass of juice and a banana. Also the wifi wasn't very quick in our room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThompsonJT
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Ukiah for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about your misunderstanding about smoking and nonsmoking rooms.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast. It was also suggested that there be a way they be able to judge how many guests may be at the average breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Ukiah. We take our reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Ukiah hotels

Pearland, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

Stayed here on our motorcycle trip through the wine country. Stayed in a King room which was huge with a nice tub. Also had a small fridge and microwave as well as cable. The staff was very friendly and the location was next to HWY 101 but not noisy. The only thing I didn't like was the bed was too "bouncy" and soft. I needed a firmer mattress.

There were more expensive options, but if you're looking for a place to stay for a good price and that is all (no other fancy frills), then this fits the bill.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Ukiah for your recent stay in our area. I hope your motorcycle trip was a tremendous success.

• Management was approached about the possibility of providing some sort of bed board to give more support upon request.

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

Eureka, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

This hotel is new and both the room and the public areas are very clean. The desk staff are polite, and the friendly manager was around to make sure the guests are comfortable. The outside areas are very well lit at night. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast food is the average hotel fare. The price was a little less expensive than the Comfort Inn, where I had previously been staying. There is someone at the desk 24 hours. When we returned to the motel at the end of the day, a light was on in the room, making it comfortable and safe. I was concerned that the freeway traffic might be too noisy, but I used earplugs and left the fan on for "white noise" and slept well. My brother and I stayed a few nights to visit his daughter and family. We'll stay there again. Looking forward to using the pool in warmer weather.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Walt F
Huntington Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Every February, I attend a conference in the area. I have always stayed at the Comfort Inn - which I have rated a solid 4 dots. However, over the past couple of years they have failed to meet my expectations in a couple of areas (see my review). In scouting my hotel for this year I decided to take a chance on the blind bid at hotels.com. The result was a very reasonable rate at the Holiday Inn Express. After reading some of the negative reviews, I was convinced I was going to have a negative experience.

It could have started off badly. As I pulled off the freeway and headed in to the parking lot, I noticed there was a Travelodge sign attached over the Holiday Inn sign. However, the check-in clerk assured me that it was the same owner and staff, just a name change and that my paid reservation was ready. I was given a non-smoking room (one of my fears was that the cheap rate would entitle me to a smokers room - based on previous reviewers experiences). The room was very large and very clean. Thus allaying yet another fear from other Trip Advisor reviews.

I am a very light sleeper, so I am always concerned about road noise. However, I did not notice any traffic noises emanating from the freeway. There was, however, considerable noise given off by the heater/ac unit. Enough to require me to have it off if I was attempting to sleep. Fortunately, the area was having an uncharacteristic heat wave and I was able to warm the room before sleeping and the temperature maintained fairly well.

The breakfast is the standard Costco bulk pre-manufactured items most of us have come to expect from this style of hotel/motel. The items were prepared properly and presented in an appetizing manner. I also did not have anyone's dog trying to beg table scraps from me - which was definitely a plus (see Comfort Inn review).

I would rate this hotel 3.5 if that were possible. If I can get another nice rate next year I will definitely think about staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HBSponger
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Highly recommend it. The breakfast was much better than the one at Hampton Inn .

The Fairfield Inn was unclean I found hair on the sheets.

High recommend Holiday Inn at Ukiah