“A wonderful culture experience”

The City of Ten Thousand Buddhas
Ranked #2 of 45 things to do in Ukiah
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We would encourage you eat at their restaurant. Delicious food. Vegetarian cuisine. Gracious people.

6  Thank Scott and Debor... L

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I was really excited to visit this place, as it sounded really unique and interesting. I felt weird being there, like I was intruding, because it's like visiting someone's neighborhood. We stayed for about 20 minutes to see the bookstore, temple, and peacocks.

2  Thank RoamingTheGlobe
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Come see another "world". Site is classical asian teaching facility for monks, male and female followers of the Dali Lama. The resturant on site is small, has wonderfully prepared vegetarian food. However, be early, at 11:30 for easiest seating. Wait staff helpful explaining food items.

4  Thank J P
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This wasn't the best vegetarian food I ever had, as it was somewhat on the bland side. The food was well prepared and used fresh ingredients (I think it's the first time in a very long time I have had fresh bamboo shoots).

The real treat is the setting, which is a Buddhist school and monastic living environment. The setting is quite beautiful and peaceful. Everything is very clean.

The restaurant is only open for lunch.

3  Thank Rose_Mist
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I enjoyed visiting the temple, walking the grounds and eating at the restaurant. The museum is also very interesting.

1  Thank LibrarianLounge