“One of the best hotels!”

Best Western Orchard Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Orchard Inn in Ukiah, CA during March 2009. My stay was absolutely wonderful! The front desk clerk was friendly, quick, and efficient. The continental breakfast was great- the waffles were a nice addition. The design of the hotel was amazing! The hotel had recently been renovated and the rooms are pratically brand new. The flat screen T.V. was a great addition to the room; not something I see in many other hotels. I would recommend anyone who is going to Ukiah to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2008

We recently returned from a week-long visit to San Francisco and Northern California and stayed here one night on our way back from Redwoods National and State Parks. There were six adults in our party and we had three rooms.

The hotel is in the process of being renovated and while the halls have not been updated, our rooms were simply wonderful, especially for the price ($85). There were new furnishings in each of the rooms, and the beds appeared to be new as well. The decor was traditional, and was something you would find in a well-appointed home. The comforter on the bed even matched the art on the walls!

The breakfast was your typical continental fare. My only complaint was that I wanted to use a printer to print a wine tasting pass, but it was broken and the staff on duty claimed that they could not access another printer. A very minor issue, and not anything that detracted from the stay or our sleep the night before.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling in the area, especially going to wine country.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We booked a stay for arrival August 23, 2008 and hoped to rest up between business on 8-21-22 in Mendocino CA and Ukiah at 4pm on the 23rd.
My partner was experiencing discomfort from the all-day business meeting on the 22nd and so, when we checked out we proceeded straight to Ukiah instead of sight-seeing along the way. We arrived much sooner than expected - I think it was about 10am(?)
We, she especially, needed a place to rest and recover before we went to the event that brought us to Ukiah in the first place - The Pure Mendocino Organic Food and Wine Tasing at Parducci Wine Cellars.
We went to the front desk to check in and plead for a room. The clerk found our reservation but declined to discuss anything until we came back at 3pm .
Disappointed, we drove around and found another Motel that had a room ready and we moved in immediately. I went back to Orchard Inn to cancel and was told it could not be done. I did not want to debate the issue with a clerk; actually expected someone with some common sense would intervene.
It was not to be - we were charged $94.31 for a room we never saw and was probably rented a second time that day.

Please consider the circumstances and refund the above amount. Also, please send us an invoice copy. The clerk kept our own copy of the reservation.

Persis Hamilton/Maurice McDonell

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank 2old4travel
Reviewed 2 February 2008

This motel is well-built; the rooms are large and clean. There is a tolerable restaurant near-by (Henny Penny, no less). The staff were pleasant and helpful. The Continental breakfast is well-planned, although it's a tight space. Everything I noticed about the motel is entirely acceptable except the owner-manager, who criticizes the staff even though they are doing their best. That makes it a not-pleasant experience.

A further advice might be to erect either a larger sign or traffic arrows. We drove all the way through town in search of the motel, although it's right next to the highway.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2007

My husband and I stayed here for a night before heading over to the coast. The staff was professional and the room was excellent. Would HIGHLY recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2007

I went in around 10:30pm, they got the rate wrong. The
staff were very unpolite and unprofessional. They tried to overcharge me $10 more. First they said they coundn't find my reservation, then I showed them the confirmation email. Then they still said they would honor the rate, until I said I would call the office, then they adjusted the rate,still gave me a black faces and didn't say sorry or anything, and made me feel I were the one who made the mistake. I coundn't believe they would
let those people to serve their customers. There are so many choices at that area, I will never recommend anybody to stay at this hotel at all.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank Eatten
Reviewed 29 April 2007

I have stayed here many times throughout the years and always had a reasonably good experience. Not so the last time. At check in the young desk clerk was horribly unprofessional and down right rude. She was snippety and gave me the least information she possibly could. Then she acted insulted when I requested another (quieter) room then the one she assigned me.
Then she gave me the keys to the wrong room (upstairs) forcing me (once again) to trudge back to the lobby with all of my bags,
and then had the timerity to not only not appologize but to act
like it was an enormous imposition to drag her away from the
movie she was watching to locate the right keys. She was so
unprofessional, I thought she must be the manager's daughter or neice pinchhittihng for the real clerk. But no, I stopped in today (a month later) and there she was at the desk. Amazing. Needless to say, I went to another Best Western. They have lost this customer.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank mendocino_morning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
1 mi away
19 mi away
Baechtel Creek Inn
Baechtel Creek Inn
#4 of 8 in Willits

Been to Best Western Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!