“Outstanding Sandwich”

Price range: US$2 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I used to go to Schat's as a little kid in Lone Pine, CA. When I saw the sign from the freeway, I knew that was where I wanted to stop for lunch. I ordered a turkey and cheddar on Sheepherders bread and it was wonderful - one of the best sandwiches I have had in a long time. My only wish is that there was one closer so I can get it more often!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went to the bakery to see my Dad's old timber picture on the wall. We got 6 different cupcakes to go and a cookie. My daughter and grandchildren devoured the sweet delicious cupcakes. I have orders to get more when I return!!!!!

1  Thank Sharen S
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Lovely much-more-than-a coffee shop. Really it was very charming among a lot of ordinary other choices. If we lived there it would definitely have replaced our Starbucks addiction! Good coffee and lots of tea choices, all kinds of pastries, bagels, baked good and sandwiches. Seemed like the "Cheers" of coffee/sandwich shops!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you have a sweet tooth, they make delicious baked good (cookies, cakes, pastries, etc.) and their bread is wonderful.
If you are looking for a really good sandwich, this is the place. They have two locations; one on Perkins St. and the other in the Friedman Brothers Hardware store.
Took my sister here for lunch and she loved, loved, loved their Ruben Sandwich!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Organic bread made right there is a high point. Schat's has good "cafe" food: salads, sandwiches, baked goods & Peets coffee. Casual dining, reasonable prices and excellent & organic bread. Wi-Fi and located in the downtown area.