“Very good modern hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
glendale, ca
“Very good modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is a good modern hotel on Airport Park Blvd., the site of a number of recently built hotels, restaurants and shops--in effect, the place to look in Ukiah for up-to-date versions of each of these.

My Room 202 was spacious, with a bedroom, toilet-shower-wash basin room and a separate dressing room with its own counter and wash basin. The room's decor and facilities were fully modern. The counters in the bathroom and dressing room were granite, and each of the rooms, including the bathroom, had crown molding ceilings. The bedroom had a desk and easy chair. The room also had a balcony.

The hotel has 3 stories. It offers free wifi connections.

Airport Park Blvd. is the street just west of the 101 Freeway and paralleling that freeway. It lies between the freeway and State St., the older main north-south street of Ukiah.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank glendale-member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Goleta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I am a member of Hilton Honors club and have stayed at Hiltons, Hamptons, Double tree and several others hotels from the Hilton group. Hampton Inn at Ukiah was disappointing. Did not get choice of my room. Hotel on 10/22/11 night was full so that was understanding. Receptionist was not that friendly as other Hilton group of hotels. Room had a real bad odor and of course I could not change the room because "the hotel was full". Both the sinks had no drain plug rods.
No shower caps. Could have requested for one but I sensed it would take at least 10-15 minutes before they would do anything.

Before going to sleep, I pulled the curtain of the sliding door leading to the pool. I came back to see if the sliding door was locked. No, it wasn't. It was open all the time and I hadn't opened it.

Next time, try Mariott nexr door.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AnnEverett, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ukiah, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
I am sorry to see that Hampton Inn Ukiah did not live up to your customer service expectation on this stay. I have spoken with our Maintenance and Housekeeping Depts to address the issues the scent in the room, the unlocked sliding door which is a security issue, and shower cap. Shower caps are kept at the front desk, and available to be taken to the rooms. We are narrowing down the scent complaint to the Febreeze that is used in the rooms, and that is something of which we are testing other scents which would be more pleasing to guests. Again, I apologize for your unhappy stay.
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Many thanks to the staff at hampton inn for the wonderful help they provided for my conference of northen california ministers. Your help was beyond the normal. Again we thank you so much. Dr TIMOTHY C DOCKINS DD

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stay at this hotel everytime we come to do business in Ukiah. We always call a week or more in advance and ask for a third floor room facing the pool (asking for quietest room).
Last time we were there, they put us in a room on the first floor with a lot of traffic outside our window. The clerk there was very rude, and when i called and asked for a wakeup call, she never put it in. I wrote a note to the Manager and never rec'd a call or anything from her.
I guess they do not care if customers are upset or not. The lady at the desk in the morning was apologetic and gave us a little bit of discount for the inconvenience. But the clerk at night was so very rude, and unapologetic that we wont be back there if we can help it.

Room Tip: Even if you call two weeks ahead of time, they dont honor your request.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mimjones
AnnEverett, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ukiah, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
I have had opportunity to read your evaluation of your last stay as compared with this stay, and am sorry to see that the customer service that you have come to expect from our hotel staff was not present. I apologize that I have not been able to respond to your comment until today, I have been away from the hotel for the past ten days. My front desk supervisor briefed me on the issues you faced during your stay, and said she had spoken with you in the morning at time of your check out. I assure you that the front desk staff will be addressed as to your wake up call, which I am aware is so important! Her attitude towards you, our guest, will be addressed as well. Bad behavior towards our guests will not be tolerated by myself or by our ownership. This has been an unusually busy summer for us this year and during this time it is sometimes difficult to accomadate a guest room placement preference because of a guest date extension (stayover) or unavoidable maintenance issue that may have come up. On a normal basis, we always look at guest preferences when assigning rooms, but rooms are assigned morning of guest arrival because of this reason.

I do sincerely apologize for our customer service failure. I am always looking for ways to improve our guest experience, and any failings that we might improve on. Thank you for making me aware of what happened to you. I hope that you give us the chance to rectify your unhappy stay with us. This is most certainly not up to our usual standard as a Hampton brand hotel!

I would be pleased to speak with you now that I have returned, and would love to welcome you back to Ukiah at Hampton Inn.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is a fantastic little hotel. The reception staff were genuinely warm and helpful - we were checked in within minutes.

The room istelf is standard HI - quite large and spacious, well maintained and very clean. Lots of nice touches such as the little foot jam on the room door that allows you to get your suitcase into the room without having to struggle to keep the door open. Coffee maker and fridge included and a decent TV with lots of channels. Towels in the bathroom were large, white and thick/fluffy - I liked them. Nice outside pool to the rear of the hotel (enclosed garden). Breakfast area had free tea/coffe al day and breakfast was fine - lots of it, fairly good choice and the whole area kept stocked and clean. Couldn't fault it.

We had some neighbours in the next room who had there TV on very loud (I think they were deaf) I called reception and they immediately offered to either a) talk to the other guests or b) move us. I opted for the latter and we were asked (without any hesitation) to gather out belongings and they would advise us which room to move to. Within about 3 minutes the man from reception arrived at our door with new room keys - supurb service and all done with a genuine smile. I was honestly impressed as we were made to feel like we were being bothersome.

The hotel management certainly know how to empower their staff. In return, their staff are a credit to themselves and the hotel - I would recommend this hitel without hesitation.

5 stars and thank you Hampton Inn Ukiah.

Room Tip: If you have children and want to keep an eye on them whilst they're in the pool, ask for a room...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dogsareforlife
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here with a buddy while in transit on a 500 mile motorcycle ride in Northern California. The hotel was sold out from numerous wedding groups but seemed to handle itself fine including having our room reserved and ready as asked--and stocking the breakfast area even when busy. The room was typical of a Hampton but the linens felt new and the air conditioning worked perfectly. My only complaint would be that we had a courtyard facing room and even with the shades open it was still pretty dimly lit during the day. (Could be a positive for some).

The restaurant next door "Branches" was convenient and delicious, albeit pricey for Ukiah. I will stay here again if I ever return to Ukiah.

Room Tip: Inward Facing Rooms Are A Little Dark
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Loungesong
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I still like this as the best Hotel in Ukiah, Clean and friendly service.
Nice breakfast bar.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mimjones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
#5 of 15 in Ukiah
The Old West Inn
The Old West Inn
#3 of 9 in Willits

Been to Hampton Inn Ukiah? Share your experiences!