Quality Inn(Ukiah)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$127
US$102
US$99
All reviewskoi pondbalcony overlooking the pooljacuzzi tubvery nice hotelrestaurant next doorhotel staycomplimentary breakfastwine countryrooms were very cleanoatmealbusiness tripthe breakfast areaexcellent staypotatoesa great place to stayfitness centerwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My experiences here have been mixed. I have mobility issues and use a cane. It can take me a little longer to get my car packed. Everywhere else I stayed during my trip (including another Hampton Inn) had a 12 noon checkout. Here, it is 11. Despite my best efforts, it was obvious near 11 that I wasn't going to make it. I called the front desk to request a little more time.

I was told the allotted extensions were already given out. I explained about my disability. I was told I could have an extra half hour (which I did appreciate), but it was made clear that I was inconveniencing the staff and that was absolutely the most I would be allowed. I was traveling alone and had no-one to help me. In my panic rushing, I fell and hit my head hard on the corner of the dresser. At that point, I went to the manager and explained that I really did need enough time to clean up my wound as well as pack my car (I was bleeding). She explained that they have a very small housekeeping crew and it's hard for them to turn over the rooms on time. Still, she was now willing to give me until noon. Fine. Noon is reasonable.

The bang on my head left me woozy and feeling sick. The only staff member who offered any assistance was one of the kind cleaners in the hallway, who, in spite of my protestations (knowing how overworked they are!) insisted on helping me wheel the cart with my luggage to the elevator. (I should add that the cleaning staff here are wonderful. It's a shame the management doesn't, apparently, hire enough of them so they can get the rooms cleaned on a reasonable schedule.)

When I checked out, I was told that my rewards number hadn't been in the computer when I'd called down. Had they known I was a member, my request for more time would've been more readily accepted. Apparently, extra help is ok for rewards members, but not for a disabled guest.

Overall, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The towels were adequate. It was quiet. This could be a decent place to stay. It was just depressing to be treated like some kind of irritant and leave with a painful head wound because I hobble on a cane and couldn't get out of the room fast enough for their convenience. I'd overheard other, non-disabled guests complaining about the 11am check-out in the elevator. And, apparently, I wasn't the only one requesting more time. This should be a clue to management. I don't think my request for a small extension was unreasonable.

It's worth noting that the reserved spaces for their Diamond tier rewards members are closer to the entrance than the reserved disabled spaces. Many disabled permit users have mobility problems that make walking longer distances very difficult. The previous Hampton Inn I'd stayed at put the disabled spaces closest to the entrance. This is a small detail, but it's symbolic. There seems to be a running theme at the Ukiah Hampton Inn of valuing more lucrative rewards members over the needs of their disabled guests. Perhaps they follow the letter of the ADA, but certainly not the spirit of it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank My_cats_servant
AnnEverett, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I am sorry your check out experience with us was not satisfactory. We value all of our guests equally, be they Hilton Honors members, ADA, or walk in. We do have a standard check out time policy of 11am, however as in our conversation, there is an exception to every rule. Diamond and Gold members have the additional perk of a 1pm check out, and those had been given out that day. Since your honors number was not attached to your reservation, the front desk team member did not automatically add you to that list of late check outs, which was already at limit for the amount of housekeepers on that day for the volume of guest rooms to be cleaned on time. When you spoke with the front desk team, they felt it was necessary (not obligatory and annoying) to give you the time you needed, being injured in your rush to pack. If you felt otherwise, I personally apologize. Please note that the charge for your unhappy stay was removed, as we wish every guest to leave our hotel satisfied with their customer service experience. We hope to have you back with us again, and deliver the experience you would expect.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed here several times and each time it has been extremely clean. Our room has been on the top 3rd floor on the inside looking toward the pool. The outside rooms facing toward the street have traffic noise. If you're a light sleeper you will probably want away from the street. The pool and jacuzzi are very inviting. Breakfast is very good. They have oatmeal with nuts and dried mixed fruit to waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, and country potatoes. They also have boiled eggs and toast or muffins and bagels along with several juices. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TCWatson
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Consistent Hampton hotel offering the expected amenities for a reasonable price. Breakfast was good, the room was quiet and clean, towels were soft and smelled good though only the bare minimum was supplied. Internet was reasonably fast. TV channels were adequate. Sleep quality was good even with a street side room. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a Ukiah stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have stayed here several times now, and each time we have been impressed by the cleanliness and quiet of the hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a swimming pool, and ground floor rooms have patios with two chairs. We also stayed on the third floor last year and had a lovely view as well as a spa in the room.
This time we tasted wines at Saracina and had a lovely visit to the caves. The wines were terrific.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Plumeria_Lover
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here on Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. I had a quiet enjoyable stay. I was in room 302 which was at the end of the hall on the third floor. It had a 'mountain 'view' after you looked past the street below and the Walmart parking lot across the street. I checked in at 7 p.m. and checked out at 8 a.m. and street noise was not an issue, but I could see how it might be when traffic picks up. A room facing the pool interior courtyard would be a better choice to avoid traffic noise. The room was a standard king room with a very small balcony. I normally stay in a king studio suite but this is an older style Hampton. The room was smallish as was the bathroom, though there were two sink areas, with one set up as the coffee area. Towels provided were fresh and comfortable, though minimal. You get exactly one small towel and a wash cloth per sink and exactly two bath towels. The shampoo and soaps provided were good quality. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. They have Direct TV so there were plenty of TV stations to choose from with a lot of HD channels. The wired and wireless internet speeds were average but adequate. I was able to stream media content to watch without too much pausing. On check-in the desk clerk was, shall we say, uninspiring, but he got the job done. He was a man of few words. Breakfast in the morning at 7:30 a.m. was actually uncrowded and serene. I had a very decent hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and orange juice. I've had worse at other Hamptons, so I was pleased. I like that breakfast is included in the room rate which is one of the reasons that I stay at this chain. The cleanliness of the room and the furniishings were fine, though maybe starting to get just a little dated. The bed was not as comfortable as I usually get at a Hampton but it was OK, just a little hard for my taste. PIllows ranged from soft to firm and were normal sized. Check out was efficient and handled by a young friendly and capable gentleman. I noticed that the parking lot had filled up overnight, but the hotel was remarkably quiet. The lobby area is comfy and the pool area with surrounding grass looked appealing, though I didn't take advantage of it. This was my first stay at this Hampton and I was pleased to have this choice in the semi-rural environs of Ukiah. Since wine tasting seems to be all the rage these days, I think this would be a good base for seeing local wineries. All in all, I would give a hearty thumbs up to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo