Simona's Italian Restuarant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is Much better choice than Crush Italian. Our food was excellent. My butternut squash ravioli with Alfredo sauce was a prefect blend of flavours. We ate here for our sons birthday. The price was a bit...but worth the delicious meal. Now with that said We ate very early and service wad all ours. We definitely will go back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Considering the small town it is located in, it was surprisingly good Italian food. I had a special sausage & spinach cannelloni and my husband have the cheese& spinach ravioli, both with a hearty meat sauce. The minestrone soup was hearty & delicious. A great meal for $22

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Best Italian food in the area and would challenge other restaurants for the taste and quality. Unbelievable soaps (5) and dishes for a reasonable price . The atmosphere is friendly and the background music very pleasant. A touch of Italy.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped by during a recent trip, using our GPS to track down an Italian restaurant. The meal we enjoyed was certainly an unexpected surprise. The bread fresh, the pasta, while not homemade was very close to it, and perfectly cooked. The sauces were almost too rich in their delectable flavors, portions perfectly adequate, or perhaps a bit too generous. The wait staff were attentive but unobtrusive. We were so impressed, we stopped by again during our return trip a few days later, and discovered our earlier great meal was no fluke; ordering different meals from our prior visit, we were just as impressed by this fine restaurant. It is now on our "must stop" list for future trips.

We wrote of our experiences on another site, the more popular one, and described our experience in just as glowing terms. I mentioned my intentions to do this to Simona herself, assuring her I would be honest, and that honesty would in no way harm their reputation. She in turn assured me that such a favorable post on that site would disappear in a day or two, while reviews more critical (and years older) would remain. I humored her, but was somewhat skeptical.

Sure enough, our favorable review disappeared a day after we posted it. I know have two discoveries to share with the reader. One, that Simona's is a rare and delightful find and has our highest dining recommendation, and second, we suggest the use of Trip Advisor to check on establishments like this one. That other site is off our menu, for any future consultations in any other area.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We are new to the area and were looking for authentic Italian food. That being said, we did not find it here. Our fried prawn appetizer turned out to be small butterflied shrimp you can find in the frozen food section at Safeway. I ordered a trio of, lobster, shrimp, and crab ravioli, and my husband had the grilled salmon, with a mushroom risotto, the dinners came with a choice of salad or soup, The white bean soup was good and garlicky, and my husbands salad was nice, the dinners not as nice. The salmon was grilled nicely and seemed to be fresh but the risotto which my husband was really looking forward to was mushy and tasteless, the ravioli was really awful, although each ravioli was shaped differently you could not distinguish what was inside them, they all tasted the same, They could have had chicken inside them, not the lovely seafood I was expecting, also they were not "al dente" which is unforgivable.This restaurant is pricey, which might lead some to believe that the food must be good, not so. Service was alright considering our waitress seemed to be the only one on the floor, but our meal was rushed with appetizer, soup and salad still on the table when our meals got there. We will not go back again.

3  Thank hatter49