Orr Hot Springs Resort
US$166
US$162
Agoda.com
Average 3/5
All reviewscommunity kitchenbath housestate parkclothingmontgomerypoolsoptionaltubsguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have been in this place several times and always wish I had more time to enjoy the tranquility of the property. This hotel is not easy to reach but the drive is totally worth it. You can fly to Santa Rosa , rent a car and drive 2 h. I usually stay in SF, then take side roads to do some wine tasting in Dry creek area, proceed on 101 to Ukia( visit Nelson winery for cab) and then 40 min to the Orr springs. The best rooms are to stay across the springs on the property. I stayed in 9 or 10. Rooms are very simple, cabin style. Sink and bath but no shower. Make sure to bring your own food. The resort has fully equipped commercial kitchen that will provide with all utensils and cookware and refrigeration. There is filtered drinking water in the kitchen. And it tastes great! Visitors are very nice and often share ingredients with each other. Bring your wine, food and enjoy outdoor or indoor sitting. The place is very tranquil. No TV, cell connection. It is very small. I believe about 20 rooms. It attracts couples, single travelers . No pets allowed. The spring area is co- ed clothing optional or more accurate, no closing. It has 3 hot water spring pools, one cold water spring pool, several private tubs, sauna and steam located on the edge of the cold pool. Think sweating and then jumping in cold water for a nice swim! If you travel in summer the stars in the sky are unbelievable when you float at night in the pool. Day activities include numerous hikes in the redwoods. And of course, you can drive to Mendocino to check local restaurants and art galleries . If you are looking to relax, recharge and rejuvenate, this is the place ! Bring an extra bath tow land bathrobe!

Room Tip: Rooms on the property, across from the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Olga P
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I love Orr Hot Springs. It's out in the country, it's clothing optional, has a great kitchen and cold pool, as well as steam and sauna. The only reason I don't give it a 5 rating is the old private tubs. Last time I was there, they hadn't been upgraded, and there was no where to put anything. They've been the same for the 30 years I've been going. The staff is friendly and non-invasive.

Room Tip: I didn't stay overnight- but I have in the past.. They have a variety of rooms and accommodations. The cabin on the hill is very nice, with it's own kitchen and bath,
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DisappointedDiner2
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The baths are nice. They a have lots of different areas to soak.
The setting is pleasant and clam. It's clothing optional.
There is a kitchen everyone can use, it can get a little crowded at times so you need some patience. There is a long drive to supplies, so bring food and towels with you. The room we stayed in was next to the kitchen. The room wasn't very loud, but it could have used a little updating. The bathrooms are also separate from some of the rooms. They don't have a website where you can access info, you have to visit their facebook page. Also you can only speak to someone on the phone if you leave a message and answer the phone when they call you back. It can be a little difficult to get info on the location which is a little lame. but the place is definitely worth a visit if you love soaking and being amongst the trees. I give the baths 5 stars and our room 2 and a half stars. When i go back I will try a different room or get a yurt, because I have heard some rooms are better than others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rosaugen
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I love Orr Hot Springs. I have gone for decades and can't remember a time that it wasn't fabulous. We rented the whole place out for my 50th bday and it will be a lifelong memory. They have individual tubs, warm and hot out door pools. They have a steam and sauna next to a cold pool you can jump into after heating up. It is clothing optional so you have to be comfortable with that. Some are in suits others not. It is respectful and not sleazy. Most are in robes as soon as they leave tubs.I usually get a room (rustic and simple) but you are in the tubs not the room. They offer larger units with kitchens also. I like cooking in the communal kichen and dinning rooms. Everyone is cooking great, healthy meals and great smells abound. Beautiful gardens and fabulous walks close by. No Internet or cell which I love because it ensures being unplugged. Great massages are offered as well. It is a place for quiet relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My niece brought my brother and I here for a day trip, and it didn't disappoint! The hot springs were just the thing after the ride up and down the Mendocino coast, just soaking in the pools was sheer bliss. Bear in mind that it is clothing-optional, but out of respect for my niece our bathing suits stayed on! You can prepare your own food in the resorts' kitchen, or bring your own and use the kitchens' dishes and silverware. Also the sign for the resort is on the small side-we drove by and had to backtrack, but I would most definitely come back again, and perhaps even stay a night or two!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family