Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA
US$99
US$166
US$162
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked the suite for $200/a night over a month ago. Was informed that the hotel had elected to give my reservation away to someone else, with no reason given. Do yourself a favor, avoid this hotel at all costs. Yes, it is inexpensive, but the quality of service is so far below unsatisfactory. The accommodations top out at a C- minus. And the property as a whole is beginning to fall into disarray. At one time I was able to look beyond these issues, but since my yearly trip had to be cancelled with 3 days notice and zero explanation, after four stays in as many years, I will no longer be giving this hotel my business. And neither should you.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MmmmGorgeous
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The place of choice to stay for many years during the Redwood Empire Fair. Last year we stayed for five nights and the place was down right nasty. One of the reasons for choosing it was the size of the pool and the location (across the street from the fairgrounds). The pool area was fallilng apart and no repairs being made. We had a room in the far corner and it appeared there were people around us that were actually living there. The language in the area was vulgor, trash bags hanging on the railings the entire time of our stay! Ants were in our room and carpenter's dust from what appeared to be some rooms getting worked on. It was simply gross. The area that the free breakfast was served in was dirty, table weren't wiped down and overall it is a grungy place. Too bad, it wasn't always like this. I had a group of kids at the pool and observed other guests drinking and cussing with no care that kids were around. Added a picture of the trash that was never removed from the room in the five day stay and the ants we shared the room with. Bad experience, I would definately stay away from it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank K T
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed here for the past three years, but there were issues this year which require a second thought by the management. The "Sierra Nevada World Music Festival" is held each June and many of the artists stay at this motel. It is the only weekend of the year that the motel is sold out. Planning and employee coordination would have made our stay FAR MORE PLEASANT. We arrived at 4pm on Friday for check-in but our room was not ready; we were asked to come back in an hour. In a very small town with no nearby coffee shop on a blazing hot afternoon, we did not appreciate the inconvenience. A staff meeting and time table prior to the weekend would have prevented this. The room itself was large and comfortable, but the carpets were stained and musty. The old-style Television hummed loudly when used, and I could not connect my laptop to it for Netflix or DVDs. My BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT, however, was the lovely Spa Room - although the hot tubs remain hot 24 hours a day, they refused to open it for festival goers before the new "10am opening time" (it said 9am in the room). Nor would they allow it to be opened when the guests returned from the festival after 10. It sat there, empty and locked, while we struggled to understand their logic. The breakfast offered no vegan or vegetarian options beyond an apple, so bring your own. I sincerely hope this family-run motel recognizes their one week to shine as it approaches next year and management takes steps to make sure their guests are happy. That didn't happen this year.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying - stinky, moldy and unhealthy for anyone with respiratory issues.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is an average hotel, we stayed here for 1 night as we were passing by on our road trip. Check in was quick and easy. We were really tired by the time we got there we didn't really inspect the room. It was decent enough to sleep for the night. It was a good sized room for the price and breakfast was included. We were in hurry so we didn't really stop and eat just grabbed a couple of apples. From the looks of it they had biscuits, sausage and gravy! Plus your other breakfast essentials. The hotel was in what seemed like a sketchy part of town it was about 12:30am and people were just roaming around on foot. Thankfully nothing out of the ordinary happened and our stay was just fine

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in Discovery Inn about two weeks ago. It was a hotel advertised in one of the Hotel magazines given out. The ad states, resort with an Olympic size pool. We found the pool not filled ....as the pump is broken and it is unknown when it will be fix. The room was not cleaned well with sticky floors. The room smelled of mould and mildew. The shower grout on the bottom were black from filth and mould. This is the only shower I have left my shoes on to shower in my month of travelling. ?...This includes a couple of camping sites.
The out side of the Discovery inn had what appears to be long term tenent with many people per room and young children running aroung asking for money. Fortunately they all disappeared around 9pm. The staff were very approachable and friendly. The free breakfasts had lots of selection.
I would pay a little more money and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look at room before paying!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple