“Just perfect for what it is. Great place”
Review of Super 8 Ukiah

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Super 8 is a nice place to stay when you are in Ukiah. It is clean, centrally located and well mantained. Rooms are large and the bed is comfortable. The proprietor is friendly and helpful. Couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Wanted to like this place because the front desk persons were so nice but had to pack up and go down the street to another hotel.

Opened the door and the carpet was stained like crazy, there was an overpowering odor. Closed the door behind me and I could hear people in the hot tub like they were in the room with me. Then I saw the disgusting easy chair, stained like crazy, turned around and left.

They happily refunded my money (they obviously had done that before) and offered to show me another room which I declined to do.

Room Tip: Go down the street, don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Best Spot in Ukiah for the money. The rooms are large and well kept. The hotel has a great breakfast with waffles, and what not. I am very happy with the service and the "Green" attitude. If I need a room in Ukiah this is where I will go.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed with my daughter on May 21, 2012. Pictures give this place way too much justice! Room old, huge burn the size of an iron in carpet, "easy chair" worn and dirty. In the a.m., my daughter went to the lobby to get us coffee and toast (not the "super breakfast advertised) and was yelled at that "no, no, no, eat here, this is complimentary". Couldn't wait to check out!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank catladi
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is the cleanest hotel I have been in---ever and I travel for work. The staff is friendly and helpful. A true value for the price and more. Stay here.....I know I will.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
super8ukiah, General Manager at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean, service is good, price is excellent, I appreciate the "greening" up they have to offer and they are very conviently located near the Ukiah Co-op. My only complaint is that since smoking is allowed in some rooms and places here, even though I was in a smoke-free room the smell of cigarettes kept drifting in from somewhere, through the air conditioner vents/under doors/through walls? Not sure how, but I got ongoing whiffs of cigarettes all night. Off-set the "green-ness" of the place.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Super 8 because I worked at another Super 8 in Sacramento. It was arounf 3 AM when we checked in. When talking to the night clerk he seemed to be half asleep. We asked for a non-smoking room, but when we walked in it REEKED of smoked. I felt like I was sleeping in an ash tray. Upon further inspection the towels had holes in it, there was hair in the bathtub, and the tv channels are not at all what they were marked on the tv guide they had given. We were too exhausted from driving and whatnot that we decided not to switch rooms. When we talked the the front desk clerk in the morning we were brushed off as if our concerns were nothing. The only thing that I have good to say about this place is the bed is comfortable (or maybe it was because I was about ready to pass out). I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends