“Pleasant Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Camarillo, California
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

On our spring break family trip we ended up in the Super 8 in Ukiah for an overnight stay due to all other local hotels being booked due to a convention. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and the wonderful service provided by the owner Raakesh. We needed to print and fax some documents and Raakesh cheerfully helped us get this done. The family room was perfect for our family! It gave us plenty of room. It looked like the room had recently been redone with new flat screen TVs and floors. Although not our first choice originally, we were glad we did end up in the Ukiah Super 8! The room was clean and we all got a good night's rest. We will definitely stay here again if our travels take us by Ukiah in the future.

Room Tip: The family room layout is perfect for a family!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Arcata, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

First, I'd like to say, I am an easily pleased patron. Writing negative reviews is not my style. That being said, upon entering our cigarette smoke-filled room, we contacted Front Desk about the smoke issue and they suggested using FaBreeze. As we settled in for the night, we found a box of condoms lodged between the mattress and the headboard. Ick!

With these 2 glaring issues in mind I approached the General Manager in the morning hoping for an apology, maybe some form of compensation. He immediately claimed that I was "lying", that I was "threatening" him, and he told me if I did not leave he would call the police. Let me be clear, it was 7:00 a.m., pre-coffee, so my approach towards the GM when telling him of the issues was calm, clear, and direct. In no way would it warrant a police presence. Rather than apologizing, offering compensation, or even hearing my experiences, the GM wrote me off and threatened law enforcement to get out of the situation. SHAME.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank enderpretender
Modesto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the Super 8 Hotel in Ukiah and received friendly service, a super clean room and nice amenities including refrigerator& microwave. Breakfast offerings included waffles and biscuits & gravy. All this for what a "bare bones budget" hotel (without these nice amenities and service) might charge! I'll stay again and again!
Tom Watson

Room Tip: First trip...Room 226...nothing to add
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TCWatson
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I always stay here when I work in the area. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable and management/owners cater to their patrons. They offer coffee in the rooms, refrigerator, microwave oven and breakfast in the lobby starting at 6:30.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Scott_m_682013
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Due to my budget, I stay at many Super 8's. I have often felt guilty about the styrofoam breakfasts and the throwaway attitude. Not so in Ukiah! I asked the manager about his electric car parked outside and he gave me a verbal tour of his motel and of the many awards it has received for its genuine, bona fide, pervasive eco-friendliness. They do a lot behind the scenes. Some of the changes they made (e.g. flooring) made my room feel more like an inn than just-another-generic-budget hotel. It was good for the soul and for my consumer-conscience. Congratulations, and may the Ukiah Super 8 inspire other motels across the country.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lowell B
super8ukiah, Owner at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you.
Smith River
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I will never stay at a Super 8 again!! We got snowed in and the price went from $49.95 (coupon price) to $100.00. The T.V. was not working for a couple of hours and the heater did not work accurately. It barely warmed the room enough to even sleep in. The desk clerk was great. It was not her fault that the owner decided that it was ok to gouge stranded travelers. We owned two motels in So. Lake Tahoe, and never did we take advantage of snow storms. We gave free rooms to some during the time we had the motels simply because they couldn't get out of Tahoe and didn't have money. Karma is not always a good thing . May you have some.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Mary T