This place is the worst-unsafe, uncomfortable, and irresponsible.
- one of our rooms was broken into and we were robbed
- the owners were awful, (example; accused us of robbing ourselves, tried to dissuade us from filing a police report, said we were trouble makers when we requested new rooms)
- slept next to a drug lab in the next room and they wouldn't give us a new room
- all the "non-smoking" rooms smelled like an ashtray. I felt like I was developing emphysema with each breath.
Check-in took way longer than it should have and the owner was agitated with us immediately. The other owner even chastised us for booking via hotels.com. We told them we weren't able to book all three rooms at once over the phone which is why we just did it online. We were told that we must have dialed the wrong number, like we are the incompetent ones.
We booked three non-smoking rooms. All three rooms have a thick smell of smoke. The awful owner's response: "what am I supposed to do about it?" I don't know; I don't run a crap motel that I'm falsely advertising as having non-smoking rooms.
One room was situated by some loud patrons who were actively smoking marijuana and had chemicals and cookers in their room, which made our party uncomfortable. They refused to provide another room, even after we witnessed an arrest.
We returned from dinner to find that one of the rooms was broken into and everything was taken, except some sandals and a retainer case. They had come in through the window. We filed police reports to report the thousands of dollars that was stolen. The cops told us they come out to this dump 50x a month. The next morning, the owners yelled at us saying we were drunk and robbed ourselves. Another patron said someone tried to break into their room a few weeks back while he was in it.
We will never stay here again. Not only are there rooms worse than you'd expect for a piece of crap motel, the owners are rude and have no feelings of being accountable for running a responsible business. Even by motel standards, this place is an absolute dump wih terrible management. It is unsafe and uncomfortable. We will be filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and Super 8 as well as every review site possible.
I recommend you airbnb a place or find another motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you look for a perfect vacation, the stay has to be just right to make the traveling a delight so that you can come back rest assured that you will get a good night sleep after a long day. The Super 8 Ukiah Hotel, the only Certified Green hotel in Ukiah, confers you the respite, the pleasure and the peace of mind amidst the beautiful and tranquil redwood forest giving you a soothing stay. We have recently renovated our two-story hotel in Ukiah, California ornamenting it with the contemporaneous luxuries and modern amenities and highly sustainable lodging to fulfill all the desires of our coveted guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Ukiah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Hotel Ukiah
- Super Eight Ukiah
- Ukiah Super Eight
- Ukiah Super 8