“clean & adequate and a low price”
Review of Super 8 Ukiah

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After major sticker shop with the prices California hotels charge (yes- even the lower chains) we opted to drive a little farther to Ukiah on our journey up the coastal highway. It has been somewhat updated and it was very clean. The staff people were pleasant and the bed was pretty comfortable. Let's face it...we'd all love to stay at the Hilton or even the Holiday Inn, but those of us who travel with our pets are limited to the place that allow them to stay. They do, however, charge a pet fee but they had a nice grassy area for the dogs, bags for pick-up and even a disposal to drop it in. All in all, it served it's purpose.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side (120+) which was right by the pool/spa and a beautiful lawn with land...

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I made a reservation here an I called to cancel the reservation as I had decided on a different travel arrangement and they refused to cancel even though I had never agreed to prepay the room instead they decided to charge my account that same minute I was talking to them so even though I had reserved the room a week before and never prepaid the room obviously my card would have been charged at that time if I had they decided to charge my card when I called to cancel had to go to my bank to have the charges reversed he used foul language at me and refused to cancel my reservation I will never do business with any Super 8 again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014

2  Thank Ray M
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Some was must have been watching "hotel impossible" this is a very clean room with furniture that's well taken care of. The floors are laminate. The rooms are very clean and simply decorated in a way that doesn't feel like a cheap motel. You can really tell that management is paying attention. We had a long vehicle, the manager took the time to make sure we were taken care of.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank MrLauren
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Overall this motel was below average for our weekend trip to Ukiah, CA. The room was OK and the hotel personnel were friendly and efficient. I lost the signal to my cable TV and the maintenance guy came right over to repair it. The breakfast was as advertised and filled us up. The major negative about this motel in my opinion was the room was advertised as a non smoking room but our room reeked of cigarette smoke. Also the smell of Pot smoke from the Young travelers upstairs smoking outside on the balcony drifting downstairs to my ground level room was obnoxious to say the least! My advice to other Non Smoker's considering staying at this motel is to be aware of the possible very strong smell of cigerette smoke that may be present in the Non Smoking rooms. The Free Wi Fi internet worked well!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on the reviews of the patrons who said the owners were friendly and accommodating. We checked in at 10 pm on a Friday night. No one told us that breakfast stopped serving at 9:30 am. The next morning we went to the lobby area for breakfast at 9:40 and they were cleaning all of the breakfast away. No one offered a piece of bread or anything. I asked if there were any boiled eggs and was told that they were cooking some. We went back to the room to pack our car and on our way out stopped again to ask if they had any eggs available. The owner said they were already put on ice and basically refused to be nice. I told her that we were not informed of the breakfast time and she said that they cannot tell customers everything when they check in. She was VERY rude. We were there for 12 hours. We checked out in a Saturday which is a reasonable day to offer a later breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014