“Must have been an OFF day!”
Review of Super 8 Ukiah

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chico, California
“Must have been an OFF day!”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Im reading all these great reviews here but our experience was not the same at all. We chose it because of all the good reviews and the price. There were 4 of us and when we got there we headed down to the pool which was FREEZing...not heated I guess. Which actually wasnt a big deal but just so ya know...its a cold pool in May. We noticed that we only had 2 towels in the room but thought we could share and get a few more later. When we got to the pool there were kids hangin' out smokin weed. So we decided to head back up and go down in the morning mostly because we had little kids with us.. We called the front desk to find out about getting more towels and the lady said, "The 3 in your room should be enough." and I told her there were only 2. She thought about it and finally said she guessed we could come get more. Then in the morning we took the kids down to the hot tub one more time. Apparently the pool area doesnt open till 9am and we arrived at 830am. The guy yelled at us to get out. He was not nice at all. Then to top it all off we watched a lady put out a cockroach from one of the rooms. It was nice that she didnt kill it but it did creap us out a bit. Probably will not come back to this motel. SUch a bummer.........

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 18 May 2010

This motel offers clean spacious and well-tended rooms and has all amenities (fridge, microwave, TV, Wifi). Most importantly, its owner/manager cares and is eager to please his guests. Even serves organic coffee for brakfast. Roms are very reasonably priced.
A top value.
It is a great place to stay if you come for the Anderson Valley for their wine, apple, beer and many other festivals or just to visit a still unspoiled wine region with friendly family-owned wineries. Boonville in Anderson Valley itself has very few and very overpriced accomodations; Ukiah is a much better bet for restaurants and hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank FreeSpirit67
super8ukiah, General Manager at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I was there for 2 nights for a wedding in a nearby town.

I have no complaints at all about my stay in this motel----everything about it was adequate and pleasant and I would recommend it to anyone needing accomodations in the area. A good choice for its convenience and its price.

I certainly would not hesitate to book a room at the Super 8 in Ukiah for any future travel to Mendocino county.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Stumbled upon the Super 8 in Ukiah because it was one of the cheapest hotels in town & what an amazing experience!!! The staff were friendly & helpful. They made me feel like family & were eager to assist us in whatever needs we had. Additionally they anticipated our needs & were making accommodations for us before we even asked. The rooms were clean & well furnished for a budget hotel. The breakfast was a little lacking, but the service & room made us for the disappointment we experienced in the morning. I would DEFIANTLY stay at this hotel again when I'm in the area!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I worked extensively in and around Ukiah between July of 2009 and February, 2010, and stayed at the Super 8 Ukiah for most of that time. I depended on the hotel for business services as well as guest services and can only say that my experience was exceptional. My plan is to stay here on any and all future business trips to Ukiah and look forward to renewing my friendships with the owners and staff. I would unconditionally recommend Super 8 Ukiah to anyone travelling in this area, whether you need one night's rest or plan for an extended stay.

No, I'm not related to the owners or paid by them in any way.. they became family for me on an extended and difficult assignment. Stay with them, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
super8ukiah, General Manager at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Thank you and God Bless you.
Sacramento
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Easy to get to. There is a Coffee Shop on the property. The manager and staff are very helpful and provide advice and directions of good places to eat or activities.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Northern California
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stay at the Super 8 Ukiah throughout the year for attending graduate school on weekends. The service is wonderful, the rooms are immaculate, have great amenities (refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, cable TV), and are very comfortable. The location is perfect because it is close to town (within a couple blocks of Rite Aid, Safeway, Natural Foods store, downtown, and has a restaurant next door), and it is easy to get on the freeway - no time wasted. The best part about Super 8 Ukiah is the friendly, professional, and accomodating service, and the assurance that my room is waiting for me at the end of a long day. Wonderful experience, great value, outstanding service. A+++

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business