“I left hungry”

Ukiah Brewing Company
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
“I left hungry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012 via mobile

The prices here look good until you realize that this is an a la carte pub. I wanted a burger. I was informed by the waiter that the $10 menu price was just for the burger. Fries would be an extra $2.75. If i wanted a slice of cheese on my burger, that would be an extra $1.50. I was getting perturbed but I was really hungry, so I just got the plain burger. My wife was also hungry so we deciced just to stay instead of getting back in the car and trying to find another place to eat. We paid much more money than the food was worth. I'm back here at the motel eating a couple of apples and giving you a heads up on this deceptively expensive friendly-looking eating establishment.

Mendocino, California
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I'm not a drinker, so I can't tell you about the beer- altho it's considered one of the fine micro-brews. I like the food. They don't try to muddle it up with 'haute cuisine', and it's great.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Very nice selection from the first ever organic brewery. Seems to be the place for locals to gather. Excellent pizza.

Visited March 2012
Ukiah, California
“for bear lovers, that is a good stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

for bear lovers, that is a good stop! the bear is better here and the food is not bad either

Visited February 2012
Austin, Texas
“The local folks are friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I remember the food was decent, but I honestly cannot remember what I ate. I've gone back so I must have liked it. Not too crazy about their beer selection -- draft or in bottles, but I'm a beer snob. I like their open mic night.

Visited July 2011