Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Plano, TX
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel was clean from lobby to rooms. We got 2 rooms for our family of five -- one king, another double -- both had very comfortable beds. The decor looked new and was aesthetically pleasing. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. They have a Great selection of TV channels as well as wireless internet which made for a perfect one night stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winston, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Overall stay was great! Good location and staff was very nice. Good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

My wife and I arrived in Ukiah very late at night. (Actually it was more like very early in the morning since it was 3am.) Ray at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful in offering us idead of places to eat, sights to see, and even places to live! I wish more hotel desk clerks were as personable as he is.

The room was well-appointed, especially for a Fairfield Inn. Vent in bathroom was dusty, and there were some spots of mold above the shower. Otherwise, the room was clean.

Front desk service in the morning wasn't as great. We found the clerk chatting with a housekeeper in the lobby, and she didn't even get up to assist us at the desk. However, that did not detract from our overall stay.

I would definitely choose to stay at the Fairfield Inn again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Marina, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel is clean and safe. Room is comfortable enough with microwave and fridge and decent beds. Small pool. Mediocre breakfast. Wimpy shower. Very acceptable at right price. Three and one half stars.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Room was clean and well taken care of during the four nights I stayed. Breakfast was free, but not that great. Juice machine broke, so drink options were limited. They ran out of things before 8 and they did not get replaced all the time. Exercise room has one treadmill, one elliptical, and one bike. Wall A/C units were loud but definitely kept the room cool. The reason I am giving this a poor rating rather than average is because of the TV situation. I was on a business trip and wanted to relax in my room after a day of work. Unfortunately during the first few days the channel I was watching cut out and the TV only got a few news stations and a few networks. The last day we came back to the hotel to see new Dish boxes in every room. Unfortunately mine did not get installed properly. They said it would be up and running by 6 pm, but it was still not working when I checked out the next morning. They did not keep guests in the loop on what was going on, nor did they offer anything special for the inconvenience. Maybe not the biggest issue, but still frustrating. I'm sure it will be worked out quickly though.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank em5585
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you experienced a frustrating television issue and some other minor shortcomings during your stay with us two years ago. Fortunately, most aspects of this property have been improved since then, and I hope you’ll try us again. We’re getting better every day and would value your repeat business.

Hotel Manager.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Kudos to the friendly staff at this Marriott property! I requested an early check-in on a busy holiday weekend without realizing how busy they truly were. When I arrived the young lady at the front desk informed me they had been sold out the night before, and that she would due her best to accomodate me. My room was clean and spotless just 15 minutes after my early request time - they even had the extra pillows I had requested. The Fairfield Inn is a mini-version of a full service hotel. They have a workout room, indoor pool, and business center that are all basic, yet functional, facilities that you would find in a bigger hotel. The rooms were average sized with a microwave and mini-fridge. The bathrooms had Pantene shampoos, Neutrogena moisturizer and a TALL shower head. The complimentary breakfast service was good, but not exceptional. Fairfield Inn does offer 24 hour complimentary tea/coffee service. The choice of 8 different types of tea was better than expected. The hotel is located 30 seconds off Highway 101, and is a good choice when you need to break up a long drive.

Room Tip: Request a room on the third floor - away from the elevator. Rooms on the second floor are above the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I were traveling back from San Francisco after a late arrival and ti was close to midnight when we stopped to see if a room was available. I was met by a courteous employee who gave us a great room for a great price. The bed was nothing short of delicious, and I don't say that just because it was late and we were tired, it was a truly wonderful bed.

The next morning when showering my husband discovered a corner with a bit of mold stain in the shower -which really turned us off, but overall everything else in the room was in great condition, comfortable and very clean. Though the door to the bathroom kind of got int heway of the entrance door when we were leaving for breakfast.

the breakfast the hotel provided was very good, with plenty of options from heated breakfast sandwiches, to waffles or scrambled eggs and bacon, lots of bread choices, and fruit and yogurt, cereal, etc. The breakfast room was clean; the hostess was very attentive to cleanliness. I noted this especially because there had been several groups of kids in the breakfast room when we arrived and she was really quick to clean up after them. Unfortunately, my husband set the fire alarm off when he burned his waffle - After that I'm pretty sure they were glad to see us go, but everyone was of course, polite to the end.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed here before when one of my grandchildren was born and found the repeat visit as satisfying as the first. You get plenty of bang for your buck, and if you're needing something you might have forgotten to bring on your trip, Walmart is just across the way, as is Staples, in case you forgot business supplies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the West side of the hotel to get away from street noise, but be aware there is a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family