“First Class”

Patrona Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Patrona Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Ukiah
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: School St.
Description: Patrona Restaurant and Lounge is located in the heart of beautiful Ukiah, Mendocino County, California. We are a family-run business and view the restaurant as an extension of our kitchen and living room. Our building served as the town grocery store for over one hundred years. Now lovingly restored, it is softly lit with warm brick walls, filled with hand crafted tables from local artisans and run by a staff that cares. Bridget and Craig, two winery chefs, opened Patrona in 2003. The simple goal was to enjoy the great area we live in and share this with our family and friends. Our mission statement is simply “Happy People”. We need to be happy about what we do and how we do it. Our guests need to be happy and feel good as well as our neighbors and future generations. This means a thoughtful and sustainable business. Our menu changes are based on today’s catch from the gardens, ocean and local purveyors.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Masterful creations, friendly service, comfortable atmosphere. Enjoyed two evenings there and had the fish special on the first visit and the Community Meal two days later. Would highly recommend and return again on my next trip.

There are newer reviews for Patrona Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had the chile cod, wife had the braised chicken, both were outstanding. Staff was attentive, but not over bearing. Atmosphere is better for couples and small groups. We ate slowly, due lots of talking. Never felt rushed, between salad and main dishes, Wine list has lot's of Mendocino wines, manger will let you taste a few, before buying the bottle. There was no room for desert.

1  Thank Geoff S
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Passing through town, selected based on Trip Advisor rankings. Dropped in without reservations and got seated right away (being a Tuesday night might have helped). Nice atmosphere, reasonably quiet. Food was very good. Advertised as Italian, but had interesting variety on menu.

1  Thank Larry R
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were looking forward to a pleasant dining experience, and on entering Patrona thought we had found it. Very nice, clubby atmosphere with a big bar at the end of the room and a decked outside seating area, which is where we chose to sit, it being a mild May evening. Unfortunately, being seated promptly was the last thing that went right. We waited approximately 15 minutes for someone to even come and ask if we wanted a drink. In fact, I had gotten up and walked to the bar to order our drinks myself when the manager saw me and said he'd sent someone over, at which point our waiter materialized. After another 10 minutes or so, a different waitress came and asked if we were waiting to order. We told we did want to order but were also hoping our drinks would eventually arrive. I had the feeling she was concerned about our waiter also, as she took our appetizer order and said she would check on our drinks. After that our waiter finally appeared with our cocktails, and also took our dinner order. My wife asked if the Parducci Chard was buttery or stainless, and he didn't know but said he would check with the bartender. That was the last we saw him until he came back to our table to say our food would be out shortly. My wife reminded him that she had asked about the Chard, and he said the bartender said it was buttery (which was what she wanted) so he went ahead and placed the order without coming back to discuss it. She was actually okay with that although I thought it was odd. I had to remind him that he had never taken a wine order from me. He did manage to get both glasses out about the same time that our meals came.
Regarding the food. I ordered lamb shank on polenta which came with spring vegetables in a mint glaze. The lamb was well prepared, falling off the bone as it should be. Unfortunately, instead of making the cooking juices into a reduction, as is usually done with this dish, it was just served with the juices, losing some of the richness that really makes lamb shank delicious. The menu said creamy polenta, but it was more gummy than creamy. The vegetables in the mint glaze were probably good, but they served them in the bowl with the lamb shank and polenta, and the juice from the lamb completely overwhelmed the delicate mint. This meal needed to either have been served on a flat plate, or the vegetables needed to have been on a separate small plate. Too bad, really, because in so many ways it was close to being a wonderful meal that really missed for a number of easily correctable oversights. My wife ordered chicken Cesar salad that came well presented with whole romaine leaves criss-crossed on the plate, drizzled with dressing and a reasonable number of chicken slices and shaved Grana. However, she said the Cesar dressing lacked presence, which was her kind way of saying it didn't have much flavor. Definitely needed garlic, and my wife added salt. A dressing that is made with anchovy paste should not need any extra salt added at the table!
This was not an inexpensive meal by any means, and definitely over-priced for the quality. But the terrible service really made it a disappointing evening. I doubt we'll go back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good food, service is hit and miss., Love the bar and desserts. Portions could be bigger for the price. Taco Tuesday is fun.