“Good value”

Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and a good value. Room was large, new and clean (although we did find a large cockroach roaming around the room in the morning, which spoiled an otherwise good stay). A couple of food options in same center. Would stay here again notwithstanding the roach incident.

• Stayed: July 2013
TaherZaki, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hello Kap. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how was you stay. Sorry about the unwanted guest. We try everything in our power to keep them away. We have a professional extrermination company servicing the hotel on a reglar basis and we try to keep the place spotless. Still once in a while something like this happens specially summer time when it is very hot outside these critters try to hide inside where it is nice and cool. I guarantee that your next visit will be to you satisfaction. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Rooms clean. Great shower. Great morning cook, Yoba, who took his time to help our kids out. Nice friendly staff. So far best stop on 2 week trip from Las Vegas to Seattle. We agree with previous good reviews. Even has laundry facilities which we direly needed at this point.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed two nights at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Ukiah.

Best part of the stay? Yoba - the morning cook. Hands down made the stay memorable.

Yoba is more than a cook. He is a man of the people and will always make sure you're full of some darn good chain hotel breakfast.

Go for the AC in the room. Stay for Yoba from Morocco.

Only knock - no bars nearby. Not Yoba's fault

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SBbrady
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We enjoyed this Comfort Inn and Suites. Very friendly and inviting place. The rooms were spacious and clean. Place was quiet at night and right off the interstate. Great prices on gas a t a few places in town and had a Walmart within a block. Also had many choices for eating as well. Breakfast was included and choices were offered. The guy running the breakfast was very busy but very helpful and kept the place clean and supplied. He was also very patient even though he was doing the work of 3 people at least. Food was good. rates were good. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor close to stairwell. Quick access to laundry room which we did take advant...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ahlyhadeed, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Ukiah. Every review we receive makes us feel proud and enforces our commitment to do everything possible to deserve your business and compliments. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Standard hotel room. Small pool. Guest laundry. Biggest plus was breakfast. Juice, muffins, yogurt, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels. It was quite a spread. Across the parking lot from a Starbucks. Across the street from Walmart. In the south end of town. Service was very good - had a problem with the AC - told the desk - fixed that day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night over Memorial Day weekend. When we got home the next day and unpacked the suitcase, I realized I'd left a shirt behind on the floor. It was just a shirt, but it was an old favorite so I called anyway and figured one of the housekeepers probably found it and I'd pay them a few dollars to ship it home. The desk man on duty that night told me there was nothing in the lost and found, but to call back the next day because "sometimes the housekeepers leave stuff on their carts".

My wife called the next day and was told there was no shirt found. When she suggested that one of the housekeepers might have it on their cart, the desk man (different desk man) became irate and told her "My housekeepers don't steal! People leave thousands of dollars of jewelry in their rooms all the time!". He wouldn't let her speak to housekeeping or a manager.

The hotel is pretty nice - room smelled a little like motor oil and there was hair in the bathroom, but was in good shape otherwise - so I gave them 1 star. But I sincerely hope that idiot and his dishonest housekeeping staff are enjoying my shirt, because it's cost them customers. We'll never go back there.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bitboy1964
Ahlyhadeed, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry you can't find your favorite shirt but, again I guarantee you that most of my housekeepers have been with us for many years specially the one how cleaned this particular room. During these years they have been turning in all kinds of valuables without a problem. That is why I have total trust in them all. It is unfortunate that housekeepers get blamed every time someone loses an item. The reason I do not let guests talk to housekeepers is because I don want them exposed to any abuse that they do not deserve.
I truly hope that you find your shirt, and that you continue staying with us.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Had read all the reviews and was impressed so we decided to stay. The Inn was very well priced and the breakfast was a great touch even thought the breakfast area was small when the Inn was filled on the weekend. The wifi was good but was failing on Sunday with my smart phone after connecting.
With that being said, here are several of the issues.
1. When checking in they assigned us a room with the only window being blocked by a roof. It was a little to dark and had no view. The front desk traded our room right away and stated she did not know that room was behind the roof. Hard to believe.
2. The second room was nice but it in the hallway it smelled like smoke but we were in a hurry to go to an event. That evening it smelled like smoke a little more but it was late so we went to bed. In the morning we came out of the room and really smelled like smoke so we asked the front desk for a change of rooms. However, they were filled and changing rooms would have been extremely challenging. We left without a new room and decided that was the way it was going to be. When we returned around 11:30pm our key card would not work. Had to go down to the front desk and get another key card. Finally got into the room and the room had not been cleaned at all which of course meant we had no fresh towels. Back down to the front desk for fresh towels which of course the gave us right away.
3. The next morning we were going to have breakfast but the seating area was full which was great because we found the Bluebird Cafe in Hopland. A great find.
Overall the "gold award" the Quality Inn received may have gone to their head just a little. Would I ever stay there again, most likely not. The price was excellent.

Room Tip: If you do not like smoke stay away from the smoking room(s). Can not believe they have smoking room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Ahlyhadeed, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

David, I am so sorry to here that your stay was not up to expectations. Please accept my personal apology and assurance that we take these issues very seriously. Most of these issues can be rectified, so I urge you to give us another chance and I promise to make it up to you. Finally, thank you for the feed back which is the best way to know where we stand and how to improve.
I do appreciate your business and look forward to meeting you in person.