“Outstanding”

Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Everything about this hotel was excellent.
Dallas, at the front desk, was very helpful when we checked in.
Martha cooked a great breakfast.
The decor seemed up to date and very clean.
Our room was large and had a very nice bathroom and shower.
The wired internet was easy to hook up.
We had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee in the room.
Being on the first floor made it easy to move in.
The breakfast room was close and the pool was down the hall.
Our one night stay was excellent and I would choose this hotel again if I go to Ukiah.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank RickBigBear_CA

Reviewed 31 August 2008

The Comfort Inn and Suites in Ukiah was an overnight stop on our 4-day vacation in Northern California. I had read a lot of reviews before making a reservation and it was totally worth it. There were four of us on our trip and we had reserved a room with 2 queen beds. Everything in the room was clean and the service at the front desk was great!! Not to forget, the awesome breakfast that we had in the morning. I would highly recommend this place to anybody making a stop in Ukiah. While there, make sure you eat at the Ukiah Brewing Company and Restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2008

So here's the deal...

- Very clean property.
- Very clean and modern styled rooms.
- Nice quiet pool that I believe is a salt water pool.
- Staff was VERY nice and helpful.
- Starbucks and a mexcican restaurant in the same parking lot...and an Applebee's across the street.

A couple of things to point out:

This hotel is about a year old. So it's a nice, clean property with newer furnishings. I did have an issue with getting adjoining king rooms. One of them had been smoked in (and they were both non-smoking rooms) and I had to open the windows and run the fan in the room full blast and light a candle. That being said they can't help it if a loser doesn't follow the rules and ruins the stay for the next visitor. However...they changed my room right away the next day when they had availability and comped my smokey room from the first night. I thought they did their best to right the wrong.

My other negative is for me the bed is not very comfortable, but that's personal preference. I woke up with a bit of a backache but I'm VERY used to my sleep number. It would be fine for most people I'm sure.

If I'm going to mention a negative...then I will definitely mention the positive:

Martha who runs and operates the breakfast dining area is fantastic! Every hotel should be so lucky to have this kind of hostess. I have traveled a lot in my professional career and she is a RARE gem. Great selection of food...and if it's not out already and she can make it she will. What? In a hotel?..are you kidding me? Truly...a very sweet and thoughtful woman. Go and enjoy! My kids loved her! Well...they also loved making their own waffles.

The hotel is walking distance to Starbucks (same parking lot), a mexican restaurant, WalMart, Jack in The Box, Applebee's, and a deli.

I've slept on more comfortable beds, but my honest opinion is this is a VERY nice little inn with exceptionally nice staff. A weary traveler could do worse.

Take care.

Kevin

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2008

This brand new hotel was top notch in every way. The rooms were clean and modern, the front desk clerk was so helpful, the pool was refreshing, and the delicious breakfast was the icing on the cake! Martha, the hostess, will take good care of you and make sure you leave with your tummy full and content! I would never hesitate to stay again. There is a Starbucks on the lot and an Applebees right across the street.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2008

This is a new and extremely nice facility. But, the highlight of our stay was attending the morning buffet. Not just the fact that there was the biggest selection of food choices I've seen at any other place, but mainly because the hostess Martha prepared and presented the food with extreme enthusiasm! Martha took the time with nearly all of the guests to explain the choices available and even how to operate the waffle maker. Martha surely enjoys her job and provides a friendly, positive attitude when interacting with the guests.

p.s. I only speak English and it was refreshing to be able to communicate with the hostess at this facility.

Thanks,
Terry

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed at the new Comfort Inn in Ukiah for a car club meet and was pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms, good service, good breakfast that was also included in the cost of the room. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in the middle of a two-day drive. The price was reasonable, the included breakfast was good and filling, and I must say that the staff service was excellent! The front desk was very busy with check-ins and the phone was ringing off the hook, but the guest service agent was on top of every single call and request she had going while still making us feel like we were her #1 priority. Our room was clean, but it did have a slightly funny odor to it. We chose this hotel because of its #1 TripAdvisor rating, but after having stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites on the way back, I'd honestly have to say we liked that hotel a bit better.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family