“Great Stay”

Vichy Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Ukiah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Vichy Springs. I had a creekside room, and since it was early Spring, I seemed to have the resort to myself. Great night's sleep in my room, and yes, you can hear the creek, very pleasant. The baths themselves are amazing, like soaking in champagne. Great breakfast!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for a night in Mountain View room #2 after riding all day on a motorcycle from Oregon.
Arrived under a full harvest moon and was pleased to find the baths were open to guests until 2AM. They are a series of tubs linked to this amazing spring that has very bubbly warm mineral-rich water that continually flows. Had an amazing soak after a long day of riding and was very pleased at the peaceful meditative quality of the grounds. On the way back to the room many deer were casually strolling and grazing on the lawn. The breakfast consisted of alot of fruit and cereals. Could have had some more protein besides the hard-boiled eggs. Great swim in the lap pool followed. Checkout at noon is great giving you the extra time to enjoy the waters one last time. Go ahead and drink some! It's the only source of Vichy water in America. The other is in Vichy, France. I will return. Great place to stay near the wine country.

Room Tip: It might be worth upgrading to a cottage. We had some odd people on either side of our room that smo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We love Vichy Springs! Our fourth time visiting. Our cottage was fabulous, very clean and with a full service kitchen so you have the option of cooking. Large and spacious bathroom. My kids had their own bedroom, which is great. Our cottage also had a wood stove and a little living room area. Perfect for our family. The cottage has its own veranda equipped with a table and four chairs. The grounds are maintained well with picnic tables. Very quiet and very relaxing. The pool is fantastic and huge. Loved being in the hot tubs in the evening and star gazing. The breakfast is a feast. Marjorie and Gilbert are very hospitable, friendly and accommodating. We definitely will be going back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maryam D
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Went with my Mom and grandpa for an unconventional bachelorette weekend. Loved the mineral baths and our massages. Sorry I forget the names of the massage therapists but I think my papa had Patty and he said she was amazing. Hiked to Chemisal Falls, no waterfall though because it was summer but still a fun hike. Like other reviews, only real negative is the shooting range within earshot. Breakfast was nice and casual. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We were in the big cottage which seemed to be the closest to everything which was nice...for people...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank belladanyelle
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Champagne baths just steps away from your room... Full breakfast, fruit galore! The rooms could use some updating. I'm not talking televisions, I like that my room didn't have one, but a radio that transmits more than Christian music would be nice. Just sayin'.

The baths are amazing. Bring a towel and sandals. I totes drank the water & I'd do it again. Deeeelicious.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Vichy Springs and we found it even better than the time before! This place oozes authenticity and is a little slice of paradise on Earth.

The springs are very special and the water is carbonated - from the minute you get in the tub, millions of tiny bubbles start to coat your skin. The water is so beneficial and you get to soak in the original tubs, I love how they have preserved the legacy and simplicity of the place. There are 3 tubs out in the sunshine and other pairs of tubs in private cabins.

The accommodation is charming, high quality bed linens and nice country style furnishings. We stayed in a cottage which I would recommend so that you can self-cater when you can't be bothered driving out for meals.

The breakfast has the largest fresh fruit spread I have ever seen at a hotel or B&B - all kinds of berries, whole fruit, prepared fruit and the pastries are from a local French Bakery and very good.

The staff is excellent, especially the masseuses. We are no experts, but we have had massages all over the world and the massages at Vichy are among the best. Treat yourself to 2 hours, you won't regret it.

We will certainly be back to Vichy Springs and wouldn't think of a trip to CA without going again!

Room Tip: Mountain View and Creekside rooms are authentic and charming while the cottages are newer and wonder...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nattieandherneedle
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Vichy Springs Resort was everything we hoped it would be - romantic, relaxing and a great place to calm down after a long road trip around California. The resort is beautiful and, while the springs are wonderful, our favourite part was sitting on the lawn in the sunshine and watching the deer nibbling the grass. The grounds are also pretty amazing and we were able to get a great run to the waterfall done before breakfast. Breakfast was really tasty and included such an array of fruit that we barely knew where to start. Thank you for a lovely restful stay!

(Quick point to note - the waterfall was not flowing when we visited but the route and the location were still very beautiful. We worked on the logic that it was August, it was very hot and that it was unlikely that any waterfalls, other than some of the larger ones in places like Yosemite, would still be flowing anywhere!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kari M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Hampton Inn Ukiah
#6 of 15 in Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#5 of 15 in Ukiah

Been to Vichy Springs Resort? Share your experiences!