“Looks Can Be Deceiving...You'll Want to Stay Here!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Pollock Pines, California
“Looks Can Be Deceiving...You'll Want to Stay Here!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've stayed at dozens upon dozens of Choice Brand Hotels over the last several years. As we traveled Northern California on Highway 101 there aren't many Choice Brand Hotels in the area. This particular hotel was unbelievable and we almost didn't stay but I'm so glad we did.

Sometimes with a Quality Inn you're not getting quite the same experience as a Comfort Inn or Suite. This hotel also is literally next door to a "cheap looking" motel and as we drove towards it I almost changed my mind about staying there. However pull in the parking lot and you'll see that it's separate from the hotel next door and for a Quality Inn it's amazing!

From a customer service perspective I don't think I've seen it better at any Choice Brand Hotel. The manager was very polite, professional and super helpful to us. He told us some great places to eat and he was spot on. We told him we needed a quiet room so he made some adjustments for us. Later on he checked on us to make sure everything was as expected.

The hotel had been remodeled and turned into a Quality Inn and for the price in the area I don't see a better deal out there. It's clean and modern and couple that with the service I'd stay there every time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Talk to the attendant when you get there and ask them which room they'd want if they were stayin...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just as the title says this is a decent room for a decent price. Yes there are some age issues and cosmetic issues but they seem to be just that, only cosmetic. Room was comfortable, staff was friendly and the price was fair. I always use AAA card which gives me a 10% discount for my rooms.

There was some light air traffic during my stay this time from Cal Fire planes landing at the nearby airport which I don't remember on my last stay here. I expect that is due to wild fires
in neighboring counties. There was no fire danger anywhere near town that I could see or that I heard about. I never felt I was in any danger.

The "breakfast" amenities are minimal, 2 choices of cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast, tiny muffins and 2 different types of coffee and some juices. Its enough to get the day started but not much more than that.

Still a decent place to stay in Ukiah just don't expect the Ritz and you should be fine. I will stay here on future business trips.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Guerneville, California
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at Quality Inn during a family gathering at Lake Mendocino. The entire process, from initial reservation though check-in and departure was a positive experience. The room was sparkling clean, well equipped and quiet. Parking area & grounds were immaculate and obviously well cared for. QI staff were friendly, helpful and very customer oriented. Pricing was favorable. We would not hesitate to recommend this place and will definitely stay there when in the area again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms more private.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After several nights in presumptuous places that delivered less than they promised, this was a happy find. A quality inn that lived up to its name. Friendly check-in. Small but well-appointed and comfortable room. Restful sleep. Everything seemed to be brand new. Hot breakfast. No flat screen TV.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Quality Inn in Ukiah. The General Manager, Jag, is a very friendly person who enjoys conversing and helping you with your needs. We broke a glass in our room and Jag personally came to help clean up the glass. Make sure you bring your sense of humor along because Jag does enjoy joking around. The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs and delicious sausage and orange juice. You cannot go wrong staying at this Quality Inn and at a very reasonable price. Hats off to Jag for running a great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Jag seems to be everywhere here and she is incredibly nice and accomodating. If youre wondering, every hotel in california is fully booked all summer. For a midwesterner, this was at first a curiosity, then a near disaster. We came for a week and decided to wing it for only one night. Woops. It doesnt matter how remote the town seems to you, theyre all full of tourists and business folks all the time. And by the way if youre on highways instead of internet youre about as likely to see bigfoot as you are a good phone signal. Anyway, we got a vacancy after a cancellation and although I know she was beat from fielding calls from desperate travellers like us, Jag still made us feel great and asked every question to make sure we had what we needed. Its not the ritz and maybe the nonsmoking rooms have had some rulebreakers in the past but its 5 star service in a town full of sketchy places. Go for it if you need a place and dont wait till the last minute.

• Stayed July 2013
Temecula, California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This place has been recently remodeled and is very nice. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was quiet and the bedding was great. I don't think you can beat it for the price. Breakfast was also very good (scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, etc). Give it a try - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family